Chapter 57 Pt. 2

Still in Vita's POV

“I’ll be right back; I need to consult with another doctor.”

Soon as she left out the door, looking up at Evan I said, “Something is wrong with our baby.”

“Honeybear, I am sure everything is fine. You have been working and stressing a little, it could be that.”

“I’ll do better, and not stress so much.”

Even opens his mouth to speak but doesn’t get a chance to when the doctor returns with another doctor with her.

“Vita, Evan, this is Dr. McFranks.”

“What’s wrong?” I blurted out, getting worried.

“I am going to listen and look at your baby.” He states with a smile.

Rolling the transducer over my belly his face becomes puzzled with worry and fear.

“What’s wrong,” I ask again, trying to mask my distress.

“Looking at your baby and listening to your baby’s heartbeat your baby has an atrial septal defect.”

“What the hell is that?” Even questions

“Your baby has a hole in their heart.” Hearing what he was saying all life seemed to fall out of me.

“Can this be corrected?” I ask as I hold onto Evan pushing back my tears.

“In some cases. I am sorry to be the one to tell you this, but it seems the hole is getting bigger, and it cannot be fixed.”

“Wh-What are you saying that our baby is going to die.”

“Unfortunately, it looks that way.”

“Wait our baby has been healthy for the past seven months, why now. Did I do this, was I stressing out too much?”

“No, Vita and Evan this is neither of yall’s fault. Your baby’s heart didn’t grow correctly. There is no definite answer until this little one is born. You have taken care of your baby; you both are healthy-.”