Chapter 21

Lucas  

“Good morning,” Essence finally says back to me take a seat at the table.

“Sorry about cooking so early, but it prevents us from stopping so much with Kendric. He would stop at every fast food place it was.”

“You're fine. Do you need any help?”

“Sure, I wouldn’t mind the help?” Essence got up walking towards me.

“How did you sleep, Essence?” I ask when she went over to the sink washing her hands. 

“I slept well.” She says with a smile on her face but lying to me.

“I’m glad. I am done with this part do you mind making snacks for road?”

“I don’t mind at all. How long is this drive?”

“Approximately five hours. Kendric generally sleeps unless he is playing his games.”

“What is going on here?” Ivy semi shouts.

“Ivy, when did you get here?” 

“Not soon enough I see.”

“I’ll just go get dressed,” Essence says leaving out the kitchen.

Making sure Essence was out of earshot, “Ivy stop it now. She could tell her lawyer how you are acting, and I will lose Kendric for sure.”

“I’m sorry Lucas, but you are in here shirtless and she is half-naked what am I assume to think.” 

“She was not half-naked, and I only grabbed my sweatpants. I didn’t know she was going to wake up and come. She was here helping me get snacks together.”

“I’m sorry Lucas.”

“Saying you sorry is getting a little old Ivy. I can’t deal with this right now. I will call you later.”

Hearing Ivy sigh loudly as the tension between got thicker.

“Fine Lucas, have fun on your trip.”

Not bothering to reply I finished getting everything together. After cleaning up the kitchen I went to wake Kendric up, only to find him and Essence playing.   

“I hope you don’t mind.” Essence says.

“No, not at all. He needs to get a bath and get dressed.”

Kendric finally sees me, he comes running over to me.

“Good morning daddy!”

“Good morning. How did you sleep?”

“Great daddy. How did you sleep?” laughing at his antics.

“I slept well. Do you have everything ready?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Ask Ms. Essence if she will help you take a good bath and get dressed, then we will be ready to go.”

“Ms. Essence, will you help with a bath and get dressed, please?”

“Of course, I will.”  

“His body wash is on the top shelf in the bathroom. He is wearing that outfit.” I tell her with a smile.

“Thank you for letting me do this.”

“You’re welcome.”

After my shower and getting dressed, making sure I have everything I went to Kendric’s room.

“Kendric are you ready?”

“Yes sir.” He says trying to get everything as Essence and I look at him with confusion on our faces.

“Kendric, why do you majority of everything you own packed up?”

He giggles at me, “I want to be like Aunt Eden.”

“Well unless you and Aunt Eden are carrying all of this unpacking it and packing it again you should only take some things, not everything. Your superficial Aunt is going to get it.”

“Aunt Eden is a superstar?” Kendric questions excitedly.

“No, she is not.”

“Is she a superhero?”

“Kendric where are you getting all of this from?”

“You said she was a super something” Essence and I burst out laughing at him. 

“Let’s just get your clothes together.”

Loading up the car, “do we have everything?”

“Yes!” Kendric shouts as we got in my Land Rover.

Glancing over at Essence she has a smile on her face looking at Kendric.

“Let’s hit the road.”

After making it to my parent’s house and driving for three hours Kendric and Essence were sleeping.  

Pulling into a gas station to fill up Essence woke up.

“I didn’t mean to wake you. I need to fill up.”

“It’s fine I needed to get up anyway.”

“Do you want or need something from the store?”

“No, I can get a bottle of water from the cooler.”  

After paying for the gas and pumping it, grabbing a bottle of water from the cooler. Getting back in the car Essence was scrolling through her phone.

“We should be there in about two more hours.”

“It seems like we been driving longer.”

“When you go on a road trip, it seems like you will never get there, but the drive back is so quick.”

“I have never been on a road trip before. This is my first.”

“Let’s make it one you won’t forget.”

Arriving at the lake house Kendric burst with excitement.

“Ms. Essence, will you go swimming with me?”

“Sure, I will.” 

Parking the car, I got out to help an eager Kendric get out of the car.

“Essence do you mind unlocking the door for me; and the alarm code is 8573,” I ask handing her over the keys.

“When will your parents and your brothers and sister arrive?”

“They are here, they are in their own lake house. Except for Eden, she stays with parents or one of us while we are here.”

Opening the door, the put in the code as I walk in the house with hers and Kendric’s bags. 

“Ms. Essence I will show you my room,” Kendric says pulling Essence’s hand.

Taking her bags to her room then Kendric to where they are.

“Your swim shorts are in this back. Get a pair out and I will help you when I get back from getting my bags out of the car.”

Going to get my bags my phone rung, looking down I see it’s Even calling me.  Not bothering to answer I went to retrieve my bags.

Entering the house Kendric comes downstairs.

“Ms. Essence help me get dress.”

“Did you tell her thank you?”

“Yes sir, I did,” Kendric says as Essence comes down the steps wearing a black cover-up.

“You two can go to the pool. I will be out shortly. Kendric takes Ms. Essence’s hand and be good.

“I will daddy.”

Taking my bags to my room, quickly changing into my swim trunks. Walking to the other side of the house I wanted to check on Kendric while I called Even back When I see Essence taking off her cover-up.

“Why the hell didn’t you answer my call?” Even voice boom.

“Because I knew your as was coming over.”

“What are you looking at?” Even ask walking over to the window.

“OH SHIT!”

“Even,” calling his name is stern voice.

“That’s your baby momma. Shit, I’m about to give Kendric a little brother or sister.”

Rolling my eyes at Even, “do not start your shit with her

Rolling my eyes at Even, “do not start your shit with her.”

“I’m doing shit, yet.”

Glaring at Even a smirk plasters on his face.

“Lucas, you do realize you are going to be here with her for a week, right?”  

“Yes, I am very aware I am.”

“I see why you were looking at her; hell, I’m looking at her.”

“I wasn’t looking at Essence, I was checking on Kendric.”

“Bullshit.”

“Even what do you want?”

“Your baby momma. Did you see her fine ass?”

Ignoring Even he spoke again, “don’t take this the wrong way, but I feel you and Ivy have basic Caucasian sex. Now with Essence, I can see- “

“Bye, Even,” I say walking away from him.

Going down to pool Essence was in the pool with Kendric.

“Daddy you made it!” Kendric says happily as he plays in the water.  

Laying down on the edge of the pool I put one leg in the water as I lay down trying not to focus on Essence

Comment:

Vote:

Share: