Chapter 15

Lucas

Six years later

“Daddy”

“…”

“Daddy”

Remaining quiet and still in hopes Kendric would let me sleep a little while longer.

“I know you up, daddy,” Kendric says as he lifts open one of my eyelids

Speaking to Kendric in a groggy voice, “Why won’t you let me stay sleep?”

“Because it is morning and my birthday!”

Laughing at his silliness, I pick him up sitting him on my bed.

“Now Kendric, when is your birthday?” He begins to pout.

“I know, it is coming up, but granddaddy says I can celebrate as much as I want to.”

“You are going to have one party. If you and your granddaddy want to celebrate to the days leading up to your birthday you both can.”

“Will you join us, daddy?”

“I will come to a few. You must also consider this Kendric. If everybody comes to all your parties before your actual birthday then who is going to show up on your birthday and who will bring you a present.”

“No presents. I want to wait till my birthday daddy. Is Ms. Ivy still coming to my party?”

Smiling at him, “You like Ms. Ivy I see.”

“I really do daddy. Will she be my mother?”

“No Kendric she won’t be your mother.”

Disappointment, pain, and hurt washed all over Kendric.

“Come on, lets get up so we can start the day.”

Kendric nods his head walking off to his room to get ready for the day ahead.

After doing my morning routine heading downstairs to fix breakfast. Getting distracted when knocking on my door startled me.  

Opening the door Even was standing in front of me with Starbucks and bags of food.

“Morning little brother,” he says putting the contents in my hands.

“Why are you at my house so early?”

“I need some advice; I can’t choose between two women.”

Rolling my eyes at Even, “what! I can’t, they are both amazing women.”

“I often wonder who the older and younger sibling is really.”

As I was about to reply Kendric enters the kitchen still sad.

“Uncle Even!” Kendric runs toward Even hugging him tightly.

“Uncle Even brought us breakfast, what do you say?”

“Thank you, Uncle Even.” He said with sadness in his voice.

Sitting down at the table, Even helped him with food, after saying his grace he ate in silence.

Walking over to Even kept his eyes train on Kendric as he spoke to me, “what’s wrong with Kendric?”

“He wants Ivy to be his mom and be able to call her mom.”

“Why shouldn’t she, Ivy is great, and she is great with Kendric.”

“Because she is not Kendric’s birth mother.”

“Kendric’s mom, sad as it is, she died during childbirth Lucas, she can’t raise him. I believe she would want Kendric to have a mother who treats her well and is the mother to him that she could not be. Why are you so scared to let Ivy be his mother?”

“What if shit doesn’t work out? When he asks about his birth mother when he gets older and realizes Ivy not her. What if she dies too? It’s so many questions and concerns, I need to think of Kendric.” Sighing heavily, I continue, “honestly, I don’t know, Even.”

“You and Ivy got engaged a few months back, the wedding is set for some time next year, correct?”

“Yeah, in the fall.”

“My guess is you and Ivy are going to have kids together, right?”

Nodding my head in a yes motion, Even carries on talking.   

“So, all the kids in the house will be calling you and Ivy, mommy and daddy except Kendric. He will be calling you daddy and Ivy, Mrs. Ivy. Tell me how you going to explain that. All the kids will have a mom except for Kendric. How fair is that to him?  

Running my hands up and down my face, Even’s words were realization for me.  

“I didn’t even think about this.”

“Lucas, we all get it you want to shelter Kendric from any more pain because of what happened to his mom. We are his family; we love him and so does Ivy. In this situation Lucas, you are the one hurting Kendric; however, it’s not only Kendric you are hurting.”

Watching Kendric as he is finishing up eating breakfast.

“Are you finish?”

“Yes sir.” 

“Go get your bookbag and we can leave.”

Kendric nods his head in a yes motion as Even interrupts him.

“Kendric, how would you like it if I took you to school this morning?”

A huge smile begins to creep up on Kendric’s face.

“Yes!   Yes!  Yes!   Uh, daddy can Uncle Even take me to school this morning?”

Smiling at him I answer, “of course he can. Go get your backpack.”

Kendric takes off to go retrieve his bookbag as Even spoke, “you’re a great father Lucas. You are raising Kendric amazingly don’t let your fear stop him from really having a mother figure, he has one great parent, why not give him two.” Even stop talking as Kendric approaches us.

Even ask, “buddy you ready?”

“I’m ready!” Kendric replies excitedly.

“Kendric, I need to talk to you before you leave.”

Walking over to me, his face displayed worry and fear. Sitting him in a chair I kneel in front of him.

“Kendric do you remember when we were talking about Ms. Ivy being your mom?”

Dropping his head, he responds, “yes, I remember.” His voice was low and full of sadness.

“I have been doing some thinking and you should call Ms. Ivy, your mom. When we get married, she- “

Kendric leaped in my arms hugging me tightly.

“Thank you! Can I call her mom the next time I see her?” He asks letting go of my neck.

“I don’t see why not. Before I forget again is everything ready for the movers?”

Shaking his head rapidly in a yes motion he hugged me again.

“I love you, daddy,” He tells me as he and Even head out.

Opening the door Ivy was about to knock. Kendric lit up.

“MOMMY” he yells as he hugged her tightly.

“I will yall when we get home. I love you both.” He says leaving out the house with Even on his heels.

Closing the door behind her, Ivy looks at me with confusion as she speaks, “what just happened?”

“I talked with Even and he made me realize you are Kendric's mother and it is time it is acknowledged.”

A smile graces the face of my fiancée, “I love you; do you know that.”

“Can you remind me?” I ask with a raised brow.

Wrapping her arms around me placing a soft kiss on my lips, “I can definitely remind you.” She states while takes my shirt off, then begins putting random kisses on my chest.

Taking a step backward Ivy takes off her shirt jumps on me as she wraps her legs around my torso while she kisses me.

“Bedroom is too far away.”

“Lucas I never said I wanted to go to the bedroom.” She says laughing then kisses me again.

LeRoy  

Eleanor and I were driving home when her voice broke the silence, “thank you, for coming with me to the nurse’s symposium and dinner. I know you didn’t want to Roy.”  

“It was nice this year Eleanor, they had some good liquor and food. I was impressed.”

“The sixth year is coming up, you said she would be passed this by now.”

“Shit, I honestly thought she would have fucked some guy by now and got pregnant again.”

“Well, she didn’t. She went to college, now she is working. She does nothing except hold the picture of her child.”

“Maybe we shouldn’t have done the rest of it.”

“Are you getting a fucking conscience now?”

“No, but maybe she would have got some dick and knocked up.”

Glancing over at El, she had a smirk plastered on her face, “what?”  

“I want some dick!”

“It’s yours you can do whatever you want with it.”

Eleanor unbutton and unzip my pant pulling out my semi-erect dick. Her hands gently jacking it up and down.

Bending over she starts sucking my dick slowly. Reaching the head, she sucks hard on it.

 “FUCKKK.”

Eleanor sucks hard and fast

“Damn.” Looking back at the road

“AHHHH” I scream out trying to get control of the car as Eleanor sat up quickly.

Before I could reach, the on-coming 18-wheeler hit on Eleanor’s side, forcing the car to spin out into the other lanes.

Fear begins to set in as I dread looking over to Eleanor’s side.

“Eleanor are you alright?”
Slowly surveying the left side of the car, I became paralyzed as I see my wife's lifeless body still spewing blood from being cut in half.

Trying to open the car door but fail. Breaking the window, climbing out hoping to flag down oncoming traffic.

Noticing the truck that hit us was trying to get off from stuck. Hearing a gear change the truck jerked and came out of the ditch as the trailer full of log unhitched.

Before I could move darkness took over.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: