Chapter 43 - Final Boss Time

Previously

" Class, there's something I have forgotten to mention in my earlier lesson... " Koro-sensei rasped out, " ...even an assassin who 's cleverly avoided all head-to-head battles is sure to have a number of times in life when he or she must fight with every ounce of strength. "

The Reaper went back to behind Yanagisawa again as Koro-sensei went into a fighting stance.

" In my case, that time would be now! "

Present

Reaper 2.0 let out a roar as he lunged at Koro-sensei who also launched himself at Reaper 2.0, determined to take him down. The two clashed, and kept clashing at the speed of light. Unable to caught in action to the human eye. 

" Koro-sensei! " the class screamed out in worry. 

Outside of the barrier, only loud clashes could be heard without anything in sight to attach to the sounds. The sonic boom impact of the two enemies clashing were kicking up dust and soil, causing the students to brace themselves and shield their faces from the dirt. The students' hearts were beating a mile per minute as the battle continued on and the only thing they could safely deduce from the battle which was faster than what the human eye could comprehend was that Koro-sensei was not gaining the upper hand as he had landed several times on the ground due to an attack by Reaper 2.0 until finally he laid in a small crater underneath his landing, twitching and struggling to move.

At the last second, he disappeared in a flash before he could be squashed by Reaper 2.0. Reaper 2.0 let out another guttural roar and let his tentacles attack Koro-sensei as Yanagisawa snickered, " Feeling hopeless yet? "

He threw knives at Koro-sensei, distracting him and giving him more things to avoid in mid-air, " Two people, times tentacles, times genius, times the power of hate. " Yanagisawa smirked cruelly as Koro-sensei was caught by Reaper 2.0's tentacles and thrown to the ground harshly, " He has far surpassed the likes of you! "

Koro-sensei groaned from his position on the ground, the rough landing knocking the wind out of him.

~Flashback~

" Please--- " a young voice piped up from behind Koro-sensei who had just assassinated a man, sitting casually on the edge of the balcony, " ---teach me how to kill! " 

" Are you sure? That was your father I had just killed, you know? " Koro-sensei raised a brow.

" It doesn't matter! When I saw you, my father's killer, it came to me : This is what my life of luxury has been missing! " the young child beamed, " I want to have your skills! Even if I die trying! "

After that, Koro-sensei took the boy under his wing and walked back to his base with the young boy who chatted to him excitedly.

The boy didn't know right from wrong, but his eyes were brimming with talent and his own brand of dreams and hopes. 

~Flashback end~

'It's at this point, before he throws away his tomorrows and sanity, that there must have been another way to raise him' Koro-sensei thought guiltily as he watched his ex-apprentice cry out angrily before punching Koro-sensei continuously till Koro-sensei's defences broke down and was flung in the direction he was punched in. 

Despair began to overwhelm the students' hearts as they continued to watch the ongoing battle. It was clear that the battle was not in Koro-sensei's favour and if Koro-sensei couldn't hold his own against Reaper 2.0, the students could do nothing either. It felt like a hopeless situation for them as they realised that their skills they've honed the past year was useless in this battle and that they were holding Koro-sensei back as he was doing his best to ensure none of the students get hurt in the midst of the battle, taking every punch and blow to protect them.