Chapter 35 - Confession Time

Previously

" It's too late if the tentacles have taken over her this much already. Whether or not she achieves her revenge, a few minutes after the end of the battle, I think...she'll die. " Itona said hesitantly but logically.

" Come on! Die, Koro-sensei! " Akari encouraged.

" Come on! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! " Koro-sensei could see inside of Akari, Kayano screaming at him as black tentacles covered her, " Koro-sensei...kill me...help me! "

Present

" Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! " Akari chanted, looking even more vicious by the second, " Die! Die! "

" Looks like she'll die any minute now. " Maehara winced.

" Can't we do anything? " Sugino asked hopelessly, " Are we really just gonna watch her get eaten away with doing anything? "

Everyone was silent.

" Class! " Koro-sensei called out, appearing in front of them.

" Koro-sensei?! "

" Why just your face? " Sugaya sweatdropped.

" It's a clone! " Koro-sensei hastily explained, " I don't have much leeway against Kayano-san's attacks--it's all I can do to leave an afterimage of my face! "

" Still pretty useful. " Takebayashi remarked.

" We need to get the tentacles off of her ASAP! " Koro-sensei urged, " They're only giving that much heat because she's not thinking of her own survival! At this rate, her life force will be sucked out first and she'll die! "

" But as long as her bloodlust matches that of her tentacles, they'll be rooted to her nerves--impossible to remove! We don't have the time to talk everything out like we did with Itona-kun! "

" Then, how can we... " Hayami trailed off.

" There's only one way, I'll need to pull them out while we're fighting. " Koro-sensei answered, earning gasps from his students, " I'll let her hit my greatest weak spot, my heart, located right underneath my necktie. If it gets destroyed, I'll die. "

" If I can make her feel like she actually killed me, her tentacles' bloodlust will weaken even for a little fraction. And in that moment, one of you will have to make Kayano-san forget her bloodlust. " Koro-sensei instructed.

" Forget it? But how? "

" Whatever works. Anything to get her mind off assassination. It's the only thing I can't do. If the target of her bloodlust does anything funny, her bloodlust will only intensify. But if you can quell that bloodlust, the tentacles' bond with her will be momentarily be broken, and I might be able to remove the tentacles with minimal damage! " Koro-sensei panted.

" But wouldn't Kayano's tentacles be on your heart the entire time? Wouldn't you die first? " Kimura pointed out, anxious.

" If I'm lucky, I'll postpone the final, fatal moment. But I have to say that the chances of me dying first are 50/50. " Koro-sensei answered casually.

" No! " Kataoka protested.

" But! For me, the entire class not being able to graduate uneventfully is even worse for me. " Koro-sensei said before Kayano sent a strong hit towards him, disrupting his clone.

" No matter how you look at it, how can one of us even do something to break her out of it? " Asuna muttered, her face still turned away to not see Kayano's form, " It'll be a miracle for her not to hit one of us since she's going crazy. "