Chapter 38 - Outcome Time

Previously

" A-A back attack at point blank range?! " Muramatsu cried out.

'No one else was behind the two except for Asuna and she couldn't have gotten there that fast when the attack happened' Nakamura's thought were in a whirl.

Karma stared at the scene in shock. His lips settled into a frown as Nagisa grinned at him innocently as if he didn't take out two people at once after appearing out of nowhere.

It has come down to the final three : Asuna & Nagisa VS Karma

Present

" I get it. " Karma realised, " He was blending in with Karasuma-sensei. The only one using self-defence force camo and waited for his prey at the perfect sniping point! "

While Karma thought, Maehara snuck closer to him with a triumphant grin, 'Gotcha!' was he thought but before he could land a hit, a dagger with red paint stabbed his face shield dead in the centre, stopping him.

Maehara Hiroto from BLUE team : DEAD

" This is why I get so antsy, its because he pulls these kinds of stunts. " Karma sighed as he stood up and smirked while twirling the dagger in his hand, " Sorry Asuna, but I need to take you out to fight it out man-to-man. "

" He's targeting Asuna? Wouldn't it be better to take out Nagisa instead? " Takebayashi asked.

" It's all on Karma's thought processes. Seems like he wants to go head-on with Nagisa. " Koro-sensei answered.

" It's now down to those three. " Sugino sighed, nervous.

" Pretty smart of Nagisa to hide behind Karasuma. " Irina remarked.

" The referee has the least presence in the players' vision. Nagisa zeroed in on that, blended in and waited until the moment he could score the most kills without any counterattack. " Koro-sensei explained, " He has the most natural sense of a born killer! And what about Karma? Comparing on regular school grades, Karma has got Nagisa beat on all accounts. But he must have realised by now, that when it comes to enemies in this assassination classroom, his greatest foe is Nagisa. "

" Is it just me or does it feel like Asuna got caught up in the boys' antics again? " Kataoka wondered.

" She got caught between Asano's and Karma's feud during the exams too. " Kayano pointed out, sweat dropping.

The class watched as all three survivors hid within the nature. It was silent, no one could hear their movements. That is, until the wind rustled the trees and they could hear the faint sounds of daggers clashing and in the distance, they saw two figures moving about one another in a flurry. 

Then, Asuna had burst from the trees, deflecting Karma's dagger while throwing in some attacks of her own.

'Got you!' Karma thought as he then kicked her legs off of the ground, making her lose her balance but she immediately did a backflip, kicking Karma away from her, using the momentum.

She was about to escape until she felt a splat of paint land on her shoulder. Looking up, she saw Karma holding a gun in her direction.

She sighed, standing up properly as she dropped her dagger.

Kawasaki Asuna from BLUE team : DEAD

" Hai, hai, I'm dead. " she said as she pulled down her hood then patted Karma's cheek, " Now, don't roughhouse too much. It'll be a shame to see your pretty face get marred. "