Chapter 19 - Pair Up Time

On the last day of 3-E's summer camp and assassination vacation...

" A test of courage? Now? " Nagisa asked skepticslly.

" Hai! What better activity for a midsummer night? " Koro-sensei nodded eagerly as he stretched while wearing a white robe with a white triangle headband.

" You just want to have some fun. " Karma pointed out with a smirk.

" Unlike some people, I've been cooped up in a shell this whole time! On a tropical island of all places! " Koro-sensei screeched.

" A test of courage? Sounds fun! " Maehara grinned.

" Right? " Isogai nodded.

" Eh, but I don't like scary stuff. " Kurahashi whined.

" That's not a problem. Koro-sensei will be the one playing all of the ghosts. " Sugino reassured.

" That's more reassuring. " Kurahashi nodded.

" Test of courage? Is it like the one in Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru? " Asuna piped up, " Where the ghosts actually bully the others instead of scaring them? "

" That's not how it actually works. " Kataoka sweatdropped.

" Reading too much manga causes your actual reality to be warped, huh? " Toka deadpanned.

" That's not true! I've just never gone in a test of courage before. Besides, I know the basics at least! I've read enough manga with chapters drawn and written about such things. " Asuna pouted.

" Nyurufufufu, " Koro-sensei sniggered silently time himself as he had an ulterior motive for this test of courage.

At the back of his head was a giant red heart with the word, 'matchmaking' on it.

" Ah, what if it's like that test of courage thing in Kimi ni Todoke where the female and male protagonist shares a moment together? " Asuna tilted her head.

" Nyuya?! " Kori-sensei flinched.

" No way, such a thing won't happen. " Kayano dismissed the idea immediately, " After all, the only two who could pull off such a scene would be you two. "

Murmurs of agreement rang out from the others.

'Saved...' Koro-sensei sighed in relief internally when the others continued to be ignorant of his plan.
*
" We'll hold it in this ocean cavern... " Koro-sensei explained, " Walk through to the exit in boy-girl pairs. "

" Dibs on Karma! " Asuna claimed while her hand shot up, causing a few to chuckle.

" Of course. Who else could go through a test of courage with Karma besides you? " Kurahashi pointed out.

" Really? Isn't Karma popular with girls? " Asuna tilted her head in puzzlement.

" His looks are great but his personality... " the girls trailed off.

" But I thought girls loved bad boys? " Asuna asked, not getting the point.

" It just means that I'm all yours. " Karma concluded abruptly as he slung an arm around Asuna's shoulders, " Let's get started, Koro-sensei. "
*
" Nagisa-kun, you're not afraid of these kind of things? " Kayano asked warily as she trailed behind Nagisa who held a flashlight while she herself held a gun.