Chapter 29 - Career Counselling/Successor Time

A/N : I'm kinda scared for your reaction for this chapter but I just wanted to say that this chapter may be confusing and the content in here can cause many readers to be upset but I just want you all to read everything before commenting hurtful remarks and such. I have an author's note below at the bottom to explain this entire chapter and why certain characters are made as such. Heads up, there is mention of LGBTQ+ and I'm a supporter of it so please don't jump to any conclusions about me when you haven't read the author's note below. Another thing is that I'm no expert in business. I'm not even 18 so I don't know how it works so do excuse misconceptions and such about how business is written here because my knowledge is from dramas about heirs etc. If you want to correct me, go ahead, I don't mind and will appreciate it but please don't be too mean about it. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter.

" That octopus really intends on holding career counselling sessions? " Irina wondered as she entered the classroom.

Everyone looked up and gaped at her appearance. Irina no longer wore her short, revealing outfit to school and was dressed in a beige, turtle neck sweater and a long, velvet-coloured skirt.

" Bitch-sensei! " Toka exclaimed, " You're in regular clothes! "

" That's right, cheap old clothes. Just trying to match your plain, old boring world. " Irina felt insecure as the guys openly gaped at her, not saying a word, " What? Is it better if I show more skin? "

" No, in a way, hiding it makes you look sexier. " Okajima's nose bled.

" It makes you look like you've grown up! " Mimura added, blushing.

" Irina-sensei, you look good! " Asuna complimented.

" Thank you, Asuna. At least, I can look good in anything. " Irina harrumphed.
*
" The future, huh... " Asuna sighed as she leaned against her seat and rocked it on its two hind legs, thinking about the survey Koro-sensei had given out.

" That's dangerous, Asuna. " Karma said as he looked down at his own sheet of paper.

" Don't be a hypocrite, I've seen you do it before. " Asuna scowled but complied as she let the chair rest on its four legs, " What do I want to do... "

" Careers, huh? And we'll be taking advice from the monster who wants to destroy the earth. Isn't that a bit ironic? " Sugino thought out loud.

Asuna gazed out of the window.
*
" So you're planning to become a bureaucrat? " Koro-sensei asked, " Action behind the scenes of national administration. I think it may be a bit restricting for you. "

Karma gazed at Koro-sensei neutrally as he leaned against the chair with an arm slung around it, " I'm sure you knew how worthless the politicians were during the last quake. "

" I can't deny that. " Koro-sensei nodded.

" Yet the country kept moving on, flourishing much better than I expected despite the quake. That made me think that the bureaucrats pulling the strings in the shadows must be pretty amazing. That's what I want to be. " Karma smirked, " Got a problem? "

" No, I think that's exactly like you. " Koro-sensei said proudly.

" I just want to know since I'm meeting Asuna as one of the last but did you both discuss about the careers you're planning to pursue as you are fiancees? " Koro-sensei questioned.