Chapter 18 - Nagisa Time

Previously

Takaoka threw the briefcase in the air.

Nagisa's eyes widened as he lunged to catch it only for Takaoka to press the detonator and the briefcase exploded in a burst of flames.

" NO! "

Present

Everyone watched in despair as the flames engulfed the briefcase and could even see the broken test tubes that contained the cure.

Nagisa's body dropped to the ground as the sound of his beating heart overwhelmed his senses. His urge to take down Takaoka rose.

Nagisa slowly stood up as he rightly grasped the knife laid before him. His eyes held a furious fire in them, burning.

" I'll kill you. I'll kill you for what you did to them! " Nagisa vowed.

Takaoka cackled, " Come then! Come and kill me, Nagisa! "

" Oh no, Nagisa has snapped. " Kataoka said worriedly.

" Even though we all want to have a hand in killing that bastard, Nagisa might actually do it! " Yoshida remarked fearfully, sweating bullets.

" This is bad. We have to stop— " Koro-sensei was cut off when one of the stun guns Terasaka owned was flung across the gap between the heliport and the building before it hit Nagisa at the middle of his back.

Terasaka panted.

" Don't you dare start gettin' cocky, Nagisa! " Terasaka yelled, " I saw that pitied look you gave me when the medicine blew up! "

Asuna's eyes widened when she realised Terasaka had a light blush on dusted across his cheeks and that he was sweating furiously.

" Quit worrying about others, you wimp! The virus will go away by itself after a good night's rest! " Terasaka claimed.

" Terasaka, you're— " realisation dawned on Isogai.

" Murder is murder no matter what. Even with trash like him. You gonna waste your chance for ten billion yen just to kill a piece of crap?! "

" Terasaka's right, Nagisa-kun. Killing him isn't worth it and being in a blind rage will only work against you. " Koro-sensei said calmly, " Also, he doesn't know anything about the remedy. We'll just ask the poisoner downstairs. Just knock him out, that'll be enough. "

" Oi, oi, don't be such a party pooper! " Takaoka cut in, " There's no point if he doesn't actually come at me with the intent to kill! I'll just use this shrimp's bloodlust for revenge in the most humiliating way and my own shame shall finally disappear! "

" Nagisa! " Asuna called out, " Take Terasaka's stun gun! "

" That's right! Follow Asuna's instructions! His life and my life. His words and Terasaka's words. Now think carefully, which one is much more important? " Koro-sensei added.

THUD

" You've got one hell of a fever! " Yoshida exclaimed as he and Kimura rushed to Terasaka's aid who had collapsed.

" How on earth did you make it all the way here in this condition? " Kimura wondered.

" That's cause he's a baka. " Asuna growled and she brought out a handkerchief and a cold water packet.

She squirted the water into the handkerchief before she slapped it onto Terasaka's forehead.

" Stupid, idiotic... " Asuna grumbled as she stared at her water packet which was almost finished.