Chapter 8 - Transfer Student Time 2.0

" Alright class, it's time for homeroom, please take your seats. "

" That's...big... " the entire class sweatdropped at the sight of Koro-sensei's enlarged head.

" Koro-sensei, your head is approximately 33% larger than usual. Please explain. " Ritsu requested.

" Oh, because it's raining and thanks to the high humidity, it soaked up all of this moisture. " he explained as he squeezed out every drop of water from his head, " Now then, Karasuma-sensei has informed me of another transfer student coming in. "

" Probably another assassin. " Maehara shrugged.

" I made a mistake of taking Ritsu too lightly before, so I won't make the same mistake again. " Koro-sensei pointed a tentacle at Ritsu who giggled cheekily, " However, I think that it's good for you to have another ally on your side. "

" Ritsu, have you heard of anything? You know, as a fellow transfer assassin? " Hara asked.

" Yes, a bit. " Ritsu nodded, " Originally, we were supposed to be introduced together. I would take care of long-range attacks while he would take care of close-range combat. Together, we would have driven Koro-sensei into a corner. "

Asuna's ears perked up at the information.

" However, these orders were cancelled for two reasons. One, he needed a longer time for adjustment. Two, I do not have the capacity to support him. As an assassin, I'm overwhelmingly inferior to him. " Ritsu ended ominously, causing the atmosphere to become tense.

'Overwhelmingly inferior? Just what kind of assassin that guy is?' Asuna's brows furrowed in concentration.

Just then, the door to the classroom slid open and revealed a figure clad in all white, concealing his face, stood at the doorway.

" Is that the new kid? " Okano asked hesitantly.

The figure then held out a closed fist and opened it, an origami shaped as a crane popped out.

" Eh?! "

The figure chuckled as he kept the paper crane, " Sorry, sorry. Didn't mean to frighten you. I'm not the new kid—I'm his guardian. You can call me Shiro. "

" A figure clad in white popping out of nowhere with doing tricked would spook anyone, right? " Kayano asked light heartedly to break the awkward atmosphere.

" Yeah, not just Koro-sensei— " Nagisa cut himself off as he turned to look at Koro-sensei in his liquid form, stuck to a corner of the classroom ceiling.

" Koro-sensei you scaredy-cat! "

" He was spooked enough to use his liquedy trick! "

" No! It's just that Ritsu was telling me all those scary stories! " Koro-sensei defended as he got back to his normal form on the ground, " So, Shiro-san, where's the new student? "

" A pleasure to meet you, Koro-sensei. The new student is quite unique in personality and other things. I'll introduce him myself. " Shiro went to the front of the class.

'He's really evasive...using vague words...' Asuna thought as for a moment, she made eye contact with Shiro, who stopped in his stride for a moment.