Chapter 31 - End-of-Term Time 2.0

" We had put forth all of our effort for the school festival. " Gakushuu began as the Big Five stood before the principal in his office, " We're satisfied with our victory there. "

" Oh? " Asano had a mocking smile on his face, " It seemed to be a close one. "

" That's because the E class had a battle plan. " Gakushuu defended, " Winning by a large margin would have been impossible. "

" Incorrect. " Asano said nonchalantly, " They were running a restaurant. It's easy to spread some nasty rumours about them and a case of food-poisoning would have done the trick. You neglected the more harmful...ways to beat them. "

'Seriously?!'

'He expected us to poison them?!'

The Big Five were all in shock at the words of their principal.

Gakushuu looked up from his pondering, " Sir, your education is inconsistent. I don't know how but the E class was able to improve in this one year by leaps and bounds and are even strong enough to compete with the A class, the chosen ones. "

" As much as I hate to admit this, but I believe my abilities have grown as well. They have become my motivation. My min--no, my friends, these connections have also made me stronger " Gakushuu continued.

" You were definitely about to say minions! " Seo pointed out, slightly annoyed.

" You do not become strong by defeating the weak. That's the conclusion I have made and has now diverged from your teaching path. " Gakushuu declared.

Asano's business-like smile stayed in its place.

" Asano-kun, would you leave me alone with your friends for three minutes? " Asano suggested, no, ordered, " You know, just for a little chat. "

Gakushuu was uncertain, wanted to protest but Sakakibara placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

" It's fine, it'll only be for three minutes. He can't do anything with such a short amount of time. " Sakakibara said reassuringly.

Gakushuu left the office, on guard.
*
'What's going on?' Gakushuu wondered as he waited outside the office by the door with his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes closed.

" Asano-kun, you may enter. " Asano called out.

Gakushuu immediately entered only to stop short for a moment at the scene before him. He ran towards his friends only to see them all in the same state. Their skin had darkened and their eyes dulled. Even drool was dripping out of the side of Araki's mouth. They all chanted the same thing over and over again.

" Destroy the E class...Destroy the E class...Destroy the E class... "

" Ren! Seo! " Gakushuu exclaimed, eyes full of horror, " Wh-What did you do?! "

" I only fanned their flames of hatred towards the E class. " Asano answered simply, " It only takes a whispered word, two or three for your 'connections' to crumble. The strength I teach is not so fragile. I'll be handling the end-of-term exams. "