Chapter 11 - End-of-Term Time

" Nyurufufufu, " Koro-sensei chuckled as he is seen going to one student after another in Mach speed 20 who were seated on the forest ground, " you got the basics down cold in the first semester. At this rate, I expect your final scores to shoot right up. "

" Koro-sensei, do you expect us to make it in the top fifty this time too? " Nagisa asked.

" No—I was too focused on your total scores for midterms. I've come to believe that every students should have a goal better suited to him or her. And that's why I've come up with the perfect goal for our assassination classroom! " Koro-sensei answered.

" Don't worry, Terasaka! " Koro-sensei reassured as he surrounded Terasaka with his doubles while wearing a Naruto headband, " I'm sure you can reach it in no time! "

" Now then, as Shiro has explained before, when I lose a tentacle—I also lose speed. " Koro-sensei said as he shot a tentacle, " See? I can't keep up with the quality of my clones, and now there's a few child clones mixed in. "

The clones suddenly reduced in number but also size.

" So that's how clones get reduced! "

" Lose one more—and you get more child clones! " Koro-sensei shot another tentacle and the clones became even smaller to a child's height and were even dressed up as one.

Everyone watched the clones run to play baseball.

" With the parent clones fretting about how to make ends meet. " Koro-sensei added as to one side, there were clones dressed up as children and parents with a table and a notebook containing their expenses.

'This has taken a tragic turn!' the class thought.

" Lose one more...and now, the father clone has vanished, leaving the mother clone to take care of the children all on her own. " Koro-sensei narrated.

" Brutal! " Nagisa remarked while Asuna was laughing at the turn of events.

" Each tentacle lost is a ten percent reduction in my movement. Here's the deal : the students who get the best overall score and or the best score in each subject will each have the right to take one of my tentacles. " Koro-sensei announces which piqued the students' interests.

" This is the final exam for our assassination classroom. Can you get any closer to that billion yen prize? That, students, is up to you. " Koro-sensei taunted.
*
" I'd do anything to make the E class's grades drop. Is that what you think? " Gakuho asked as the back of the chair he was seated in face Karasuma and Irina.

" No, but this cardboard here has his doubts. " Irina clarified.

" Then let me make this clear : out school fosters autonomy among its students. It isn't the school that decides the student's grade, it is the student. I don't do a thing. " Gakuho said calmly.
*
" With his choice of words, there must be more to it. " Irina stated, " Student autonomy and all that. "

" Yes, well, at least he won't resort to barely-legal petty tricks this time. " Karasuma said in relief.

" Well, since these scores are directly connected to assassination, maybe I ought to give them a leg up. Let me handle physical education. " Irina hugged Karasuma's arm.

" What happened to English?! " Karasuma roughly pushed her off of him.
*
" One tentacle for one subject, huh... " Nagisa mused.

" Hai! We can do this! " Okuda smiled.

" When are you ever this fired up, Okuda-san? " Karma asked.