01 PROLOGUE

|Author's pov|

The environment was typically quieter, with students sitting at desks and engaging in academic activities.

While some students were intently focused on the professor's lecture, others were distracted by the ticking of the wall clock, counting down the final moments of class.

The professor announced, "Class dismissed," as he collected his belongings.

In a matter of seconds, the classroom was empty as the students rushed out.

"Jiwoo! Jiwoo! Wake up, class is over," a girl said, shaking her best friend who was sleeping, unaware of her surroundings.

"Y/n, please," Jiwoo whined, turning her face to the other side.

"Jiwoo, let's go... otherwise those scary bodyguards of yours will barge inside, looking for you" Y/n said, packing her bag.

"Fine!!!" Jiwoo lazily stood up, uninterestedly putting her books back in her bag.

Suddenly, something struck Jiwoo's mind, and excitement rushed through her eyes.

"Y/n!!! I forgot to tell you, there's a party at my house today. You have to come, no excuses," Jiwoo dramatically said, making a cross with her arms.

"And you already know my answer, which is no. I don't want to come to your house, it's scary," y/n replied anxiously.

"I already told you, I won't take no for an answer. You have no choice, bestie, bye!!! See you!!! Love you!!!" With that, Jiwoo took her bag and ran outside the classroom.

Y/n sighed, sitting on the chair.

"Her brother is scarier than her house," Y/n mumbled, looking outside the window.

Jiwoo belongs to the Jeon family, and her brother Jeon Jungkook is a well-known personality not only in Korea but also in Asia.

Although he is recognized as a successful businessman, he is infamous for his underground business. In a nutshell, he is known as a mafia.

Y/n gulped hard thinking about him. She only saw him once, when he came to drop Jiwoo off at college.

No doubt, she was also mesmerized by his beauty but she didn't fail to feel his dark aura and sinister energy, that caused tension in the air. Rigid expressions with expressive eyes, that's how Jeon Jungkook is.

It would be a lie if y/n say that she is not afraid of him.
.
.
.
Entering her small yet cozy apartment, y/n was welcomed by her little brother Daehyun.

Her tired face lit up after hearing his childish voice, after working for hours in a cafe.

"Noona! I missed you," he exclaimed, swiftly hugging her waist.

Y/n chuckled and kneeled down, ruffling his hair.

They aren't related by blood, but she met him on a footpath two years ago when he was shaking from a high fever.

Y/n took him to her apartment, where she treated him. He recovered after a few days, but she didn't want to leave him on that footpath again, knowing the pain of being an orphan.

That's why he has been living with her since that day. She loves him like her own brother, and he sees her as his noona. He is now eight years old.

She works at a cafe to cover her expenses, but the salary is not enough. Despite this, she manages to make till the end of the month.

"What were you looking for, Daehyun?" she questioned, as when she stepped in, the first thing she saw was Daehyun looking for something in the kitchen.

"Noona, I am hungry, so I was finding something to eat," he explained, rubbing his hand over his tummy.