14 BETRAYAL pt:2

(The chapter starts from when y/n told Taehyung that she is dying, so don't get confused)

|Taehyung's POV|

"I-i am dying... Taehyung... I am d-dying," she whimpered badly.

"W-what?" I asked, shocked. I can't believe what she is saying. What happened to her that she is saying she is dying?

I was about to ask her why she said those words, but I halted when I heard a loud thud. The next thing I saw was y/n on the floor.

I sprinted towards her and lifted y/n in my arms, placing her on the bed in her bedroom.

I called the doctor, our personal doctor, who also treats Jungkook and me. He came and examined y/n.

"Mr. Kim, what I am about to tell you is very serious," the doctor said, sighing afterward.

"Yes, Mr. Choi, I am listening," I hastily answered, confused by the doctor's tone.

"Mr. Kim, two weeks ago, Mr. Jeon brought Miss y/n to the hospital because she fainted. Are you aware of this?" The doctor raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, doctor, I know," I replied quickly, eager to hear the doctor's next words.

"We conducted tests on Miss y/n that day, and the results came in a few days ago. However, I think you all forgot to collect the report from the hospital. Also, I assume you are not aware of her condition?" The doctor questioned me. I was completely puzzled by his words. What condition was he referring to?

I shook my head, indicating that I had no clue what he was talking about. He sighed and continued,

"Mr. Kim, she has a disease called leukemia, which is a cancer of the blood cells. It's in the early stage, and it can be treated. She can become healthy again. But she is neglecting her health. Her body is too weak and fragile due to not eating on time or taking her prescribed medicines. If this continues, her condition will worsen, and treatment might not be effective."

My eyes widened upon hearing the doctor's words. She has been suffering from this disease and kept it hidden. How could she do this to herself? I'm unable to process everything that's happening.

"Doctor, don't worry. From now on, we will take care of her. Please tell me what we need to do to treat her condition?" I inquired, looking at the doctor with hope.

"Mr. Kim, her cancer can be treated through induction therapy. It's designed to destroy most of the leukemia cells, alleviate the disease's symptoms, and restore her blood counts to normal levels. However, Miss y/n's body is too weak to withstand this therapy, so the chances of success are limited," Dr. Choi explained to me.

I thanked him and sternly requested him not to share this information with anyone, especially Jungkook. I don't know how he will react. What matters is that I want y/n to become healthy again for Jungkook. I will ensure they don't part ways, even if I have to do whatever it takes.

| Time skip|

Y/n regained consciousness. She tried to sit up on the bed but failed. I helped her and sat by her bedside, my brows furrowing.

Y/n looked at my expression and understood that I knew everything. She lowered her head, unable to meet my gaze.

"For how long did you plan to keep this from us?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest.

"T-Taehyung, I didn't want anyone to worry about me. That's wh-" Y/n's words were cut short by my interruption.

"That's why you hid your illness and were ready to die, leaving all your loved ones alone. Did you ever think about what Daehyun, Jiwoo, and, most importantly, Jungkook would do without you?" I asked, my tone stern, revealing my anger.

At the mention of Jungkook's name, y/n's head shot up, and she looked at me with sorrowful and pained eyes. I can see the turmoil she was going through.

"Tell me, y/n, why are you quiet now?" I asked again, and y/n remained silent, but a single tear escaped from her eye. We continued to stare at each other, neither of us uttering a word.

"Should I tell Jungkook about this?" I suddenly spoke, more like a threat.

Y/n's eyes widened, and she immediately shook her head, looking at me with pleading eyes. She was on the verge of tears.

"Okay, I won't tell him. But you have to promise me that you will take good care of yourself. And this evening, we will go out to buy medicines and other things for you. Alright?" I stated, patting her head.

Y/n nodded in response. I bid her goodbye and left.

|In the Evening|

After meeting with Jungkook, I returned to y/n's apartment. I was clueless about what was going on in Jungkook's mind. I wasn't helping y/n with any ulterior motives. In a way, by helping her, I was indirectly helping Jungkook because I knew how much he loved and adored y/n.

I had started to see y/n as a little sister. I couldn't bear the thought of her dying. My new goal was to bring Jungkook and y/n together, despite the challenges that lay ahead.

Unbeknownst to us, as y/n, Daehyun, and I left the apartment, Jungkook's man was watching our every move. I had hired a guard to keep an eye on y/n for Jungkook, but I had forgotten about it. I didn't remember that Jungkook's man was tracking y/n's actions around the clock.

|Y/n's POV|

Taehyung bought medicines for me after the checkup. Despite my begging him not to do anything for me, he warned me not to say a word, threatening to reveal everything to Jungkook.

I don't know why I'm so afraid of telling Jungkook about my illness. Perhaps it's the insecurity that's growing inside me - the fear that he might stop loving me after learning about it. But isn't that what I want? For Jungkook to stop loving me? Ah, my mind is a mess right now, and I'm losing my ability to think straight.

Now, Taehyung, Daehyun, and I are at the amusement park. Daehyun insisted that we come here; it's been a while since he visited a park.

After a dinner at the restaurant, Taehyung dropped us off at home. I thanked him because, thanks to him, Daehyun and I smiled and laughed after so many days. I hope the upcoming days bring even more joy to our lives.

|Jungkook's POV|

How dare they? How dare they enjoy their lives behind my back after making my life a living hell? Taehyung, you've betrayed me by being with y/n. And y/n, you've betrayed me by loving Taehyung while I'm around. I won't let either of them find peace.

Y/n, you will be mine, no matter what it takes. You're meant to be with me.

I snapped back to reality as my phone rang. Ugh, these calls always bring bad news. I answered the call.

"What now?" I asked, irritated.

"B-Boss, they've returned-" my guard began to speak, but I cut him off. I hung up without another word.

My body is ablaze with rage. I start destroying everything in my room.

After wreaking  havoc, I sat on the floor. But my anger hasn't subsided. Destroying things usually calms me, but not today. My mind is a mess, and my fate isn't helping either.

I let out a bitter chuckle, thinking about my own life. Look at what you've turned me into, Eun y/n. But don't worry; you'll burn with me in this fire. You have to be with me, whether it's in heaven or hell.

I picked up a piece of mirror and held it tightly in my palm. Blood started oozing out, but I didn't mind.

"This game may have been started by you, Eun y/n, but Jeon Jungkook will end this game - on my terms. I'll show you the agony of loving someone who can't be yours. I'll show you the real Jungkook, my love."

-----------------------------------------------------------

~owned by a mafia~

Don't forget to vote and comment

Take care
Borahae 💜