31 MY LIFE

|next morning|
|Jungkook's pov|

"Mr. Jeon, as I told you before, it is not a disease that can be cured by just one or two surgeries. It will take a long time to make her body fight the disease. It is therapy that can last 5-6 months and sometimes even a year, depending on the body's immune system. As I said earlier, she has a 40% chance to live. This means her disease-causing cells are rapidly overcoming her healthy cells, causing her body to grow weaker. This is why she has symptoms like fatigue, nosebleeds, frequent fainting, and even severe bruising, which can start at this stage," the doctor explained, showing me the x-ray of Y/N's lymph nodes in different parts of her body.

(Lymph nodes are located in many parts of the body, including the neck, armpit, chest, abdomen. They sometimes appear as swollen areas in the body. Essentially, they are one of the symptoms of leukemia).

"We have to go through an extensive therapy to fight against her disease", the doctor said, making my hands tremble at the thought of the process she will have to endure.

But the one thing I know is that I am going to suffer more than her. Her every pain is going to be a thousand times more painful for me.

"The recovery of Mrs. Jeon from this disease depends on how her body reacts to the medication we are going to give her. Sometimes the body's immune system rejects the drugs we give to kill leukemia cells, and this can be fatal. And I can't assure you that she will be healthy again. The leukemia cells are rapidly taking over the healthy cells," the doctor explained hesitantly.

My heart skipped a beat after listening to his words. I can't endure the pain that I am feeling right now. It feels like someone is squeezing my heart.

"As you asked, we have arranged everything at your home. She will be under our observation and treatment at your house. Thank you for your cooperation," he said, bowing slightly before leaving me all alone in his cabin.

I grabbed my hair in frustration. Why is this happening to me? Why can't I lead a beautiful, happy life with my love? Why? I mentally shouted and slammed my fist on the table.

No, Jungkook, you have to be strong. You can't become weak. You're Jeon Jungkook, the mafia.

But this love for her is making me weak to the point I can't even imagine. Love makes you stronger and weaker at the same time, right?

I just hope everything will go well with my love. Otherwise, I don't know what I will do.
__________________

"Jungkook, I'm ready. Let's go," I heard Y/N's voice full of excitement as soon as I entered her ward. But her smile faded upon seeing my sad expression.

"What happened, Jungkook?" she asked, still sitting on the edge of the bed.

I sadly chuckled and replied, "Why is fate being so cruel to me?" I asked, and the next moment, my eyes started brimming with tears.

I sat on the bed near her, placing my head on her lap. I closed my eyes, not wanting to show her the tears and agony welling up inside me.

She started stroking my hair, making my heart calm down and my tense veins relax.

"Jungkook?" she softly called my name. I smiled and opened my eyes, trying my best not to show her that I was feeling weak.

"You don't have to stress because of me. Maybe I have to depart from this world-" I didn't let her finish her words, placing my finger on her lips.

"I will not let you leave me alone. And it's confirmed that the death day for Jungkook and y/n will be the same. I will tell everyone to hold the funeral on the same time and burry me beside you," I said, with a wide smile plastered on my face.