20 MARRIAGE

Marriage is the most beautiful moment in the life but for them it is not....
______________________________________

|Author's pov|

"Ready to be Mrs. Jeon and forever mine," Jungkook declared.

This time, Y/N was not shocked by Jungkook's statement.

She had anticipated that this moment would arrive, and here it was. Y/N tried to attempt to persuade him again, despite knowing that he would not listen to her under any circumstances.

"If you want to see your brother, then agree to this marriage without causing any disturbances," Jungkook interjected before Y/N could even speak.

Jungkook was aware that Y/N was about to object, and he didn't want her to plead to him to let her go, knowing that such words will only provoke him further.

"And all of you, listen up. Get her ready fast, otherwise—" he said, pointing toward the maids with a dominant voice that was enough to send shivers down their spines.

Without waiting for Y/N's response, he exited the room, leaving her to sigh in frustration.

She turned her head toward the maids who were present to prepare her into a bride.

"Please, can you guys help me?" Y/N pleaded with the maids, hoping they might help her in escaping this forced marriage.

None of the maids dared to speak, fully aware that going against Jungkook's wishes would lead to dire consequences. They refrained from challenging him.

"Ma'am, please listen to us and wear this dress, otherwise the master will not spare us," one of the maids stepped forward and spoke.

Their fearful expressions indicated that they understood the risks involved. Y/N recognized their state and decided not to involve them any further. They have nothing to do with it.

However, her mind was not ready to accept the fact that if she married Jungkook today, he would never let her go. Their fate would separate them, making it impossible for them to ever meet again. Their souls would never be one.

She was well aware that once they began living together, breaking away from each other would be nearly impossible. However, if destiny tore them apart, Y/N knew that Jungkook would shatter into a million pieces beyond repair. He wouldn't be able to recover.

Y/N did not want to push Jungkook back into the dark world he was trying to escape. She believed that an angelic, kind-hearted Jungkook still existed within him, hidden beneath the surface, while his inner beast consumed him.

If she left him now, he might eventually move on and start a new life. But if she stayed, she would be bound to him forever. If she left later, Jungkook would suffer the most, and that was something she wanted to avoid.

Her heart told her to stay with him, but she convinced herself that her presence would burden Jungkook. She didn't want him worrying about her constantly, taking her to the doctor, and paying heavy medical fees for her treatment.

On the other hand, he could have any other beautiful, healthy girl who could stay with him forever. Unlike her, she believed she would only trouble him with her presence.

Now, her sole desire was to witness his happiness, even though she felt incapable of providing it. Yet, Y/N believed that her mere existence brought boundless joy to Jungkook.

Hesitatingly, she took the dress from a maid and hurried to the washroom. Her thoughts were puzzled, and she couldn't find a way to stop this marriage.