CHAPTER 27

Jayden's POV

My icy glare pierces into her as she stares at me innocently like what she is asking me is nothing to be mad about.

Gay? What the hell is that?

"I'm sorry", she apologizes, looking down before raising her head again. "I'm sorry if I am wrong with my assumptions but I just want to know…"

"Know what?" I snap at her angrily. 

What is so difficult with just minding your own business while I go about mine? Why the hell is Isabella beginning to make me regret why I chose her in just three days of being married?

I thought she was going to be a quiet wife without giving me any trouble whatsoever and always listening to my orders.

"I'm sorry. I'm just curious to know why we got married in the first place when it's obvious no one knows how fake this is. I just assumed you are gay since you are…"

"Since there will be no sex? Is that what you are concerned about?" I retort sharply, a frown descending on my face.

She shakes her head, hugging her small body to herself.

"I'm not talking about sex, this is about us and I think I deserve to know why we are married. I know I am supposed to ask all these questions before we get married but it is not too late."

I sigh heavily, raking my hands in my hair. 

When I first came in and she asked about my night, I didn't answer intentionally because I know she is asking because she knows I didn't spend the night here.

We are couples but it isn't real and she shouldn't be bothered about where I spend the night. This is pure business. Strictly professional. I don't want any entangled emotions. I don't want her care or sympathy. I just want this business to end as soon as possible.

"Is that it?" I grit my teeth in anger, staring back at her round-shaped face. "You want to know why I asked you to marry me for just a year, right? Isn't that it?!"

Gulping loudly, she nods.

I twirl back and take long strides toward the couch in front of here. Slouching in, I cross my right leg over the other and lean backward.

Since this is it, then I will tell her. I will satisfy her curiosity and that will be all.

I went out last night to see Gabriel for a brief meeting about our proposal. I was supposed to come back home immediately but I changed my mind and decided to lodge in a hotel since I haven't made preparations for another bed to be taken into the Master's bedroom and Isabella and I will be left to share a bed which I didn't want.

Instead of coming back here to worry about where to sleep and how we might end up by morning, I decided to sleep out, and then this morning, the issue of bringing in a new bed for her will be taken care of. This way, I don't have to worry about sharing a bed with her anymore.