CHAPTER 91

Jayden's POV

Grandma didn't spend up to five minutes before running back out and I quickly got out to open the car door for her.

This is when I see tears in her eyes but she is trying to hide them by bending her head.

I was tempted to follow her but I wanted Isabella to see her Grandma first before anything else.

Seeing her again brings a lot of overwhelming feelings to my body. I felt proud seeing her with a protruding belly coming from a bookstore and an unconscious smile crept to my face.

We have been following her since she left the apartment to the bookstore this morning. My private investigator, Fred, is here with us, and Jude who is driving the car.

Fred is beside Jude in the front and Grandma is sitting next to me at the back of the car.

Fred was finally able to track her phone immediately after we landed in Paris. It was a bit hard to do that from America and I decided to bring him along to ease our search.

Grandma only told me Isabella is in Paris, she doesn't know where exactly to find Isabella.

I didn't want her to call Isabella to ask. I thought coming here out of the blue would be the best idea so she won't run off the radar again.

She looks more beautiful with her protruding belly. She is still as calm as ever but my heart ached when she came out of the apartment she is staying in.

It looks like an ancient apartment filled with antiquities and artifacts of archaeological records.

But when I entered to examine the apartment, it didn't look like what I had imagined. It was better looking from the inside but still old.

"Let's go", Grandma's command directed to Jude jerks me out of my reverie.

"Grandma, should I go…"

"No. Not today. Some other time," she replies, cutting me short abruptly.

I nod my head even though I don't know why she doesn't want me to go and see Isabella. I have been dying to do that. I can't believe I won't see her today.

What happened? Did she send her Grandma away? What if she runs off again?

I can't keep my curiosity to myself as the car roars to life and drives away from the apartment.

We lodged in a hotel close by.

"Grandma, what happened there?" I ask her calmly, expecting her to give me a reply but none is coming.

She is silent for a while before saying. "My emotions took over."