CHAPTER 33

Jayden's POV

In haste to check out the samples Gabriel called to tell me he had sent, I quickly sat on the sofa with my laptop on my lap.

I am supposed to go to my home office tonight to work on something. I have two pending contracts to sign and a collaboration tomorrow morning which I am not prepared for.

This new partnership is taking much of my time. Gabriel is keen on giving this a try and I am only doing this because I trust him and I want us to make good use of this opportunity.

The robotic samples he sent are in pictures and videos. After examining the pictures, I decided to watch the video so it will give me a clue on how they would work for the various benefits Gabriel listed out for me.

I want us to delve more into insecurities. I want us to basically make it concentrated on security and I intend to do that first.

These robots can be used for surveillance to prevent thieves, burglars, and hired assassins among other menacing individuals from getting into someone's house.

These robots are machines too, like the kind we do in my company and they are next to perfection. They can either be used to act as guards by shooting down any intruder or alerting the occupants of the house about an intruder. Either way, they are both good purposes.

It seems like a great idea but I haven't told Gabriel yet. I know he will insist on diversifying the opportunity.

I hear a throat clearing and I look up to see Isabella already in a night's wear. I was too keen on watching the video to realize she is back from the bathroom and already ready for bed.

"I'm going to bed", she informs me and I nod at her and wave my hands in dismissal. When I am done with these samples and I have replied to Garbiel, I will go to the office to work.

I will use the home office downstairs instead of the one in this room.

I hear her move to the bed and my mind drifts to the fact that I will have to share the bed with her again today. 

I hope she won't fall off the bed this time. It is big enough to accommodate both of us.

There will also be a demarcation just like the last time. I will make sure to do that before sleeping off and that is if I don't sleep off in my office because I do that most of the time.

I barely make use of my home office these days but I guess now that I get to share my room with a wife, I will go back to my old ways because being inside the room will distract me from working.

I used to stay in the room to work most of the time because there would be no forms of distractions. The maids know that my alone time starts at 9 pm, so they won't do anything to distract me from my work.

I guess I will have to tell Julia to help me clean the office tomorrow morning. It must be super dusty by now because it's been almost a month since I worked there.