CHAPTER 95

Isabella's POV

I watch his car drive away even before Sabrina could point that to me. Grandma and I were discussing in the sitting room when the doorbell rang and Safina isn't around to answer the door.

To be honest, I thought it was Jayden and I didn't want to answer the door until Grandma ordered me to.

I am sure she must have thought he was the one too.

But seeing him drive away now makes me feel disappointed. Even though the question of whether he is back in America or not has been answered.

"Look at you, pregnancy looks good on you", Sabrina comments, making me remember that she was a few months pregnant before I left America.

"Thank you. How is the baby?" I ask her as I step away from the door for her to come in. I wish she is here with the baby but now that she isn't, I will make sure to visit her and the baby very soon.

I really appreciate the fact that she is here to visit me this late in the night. It means a lot to me. And it makes me realize how much I have missed her.

After a last look at the path Jayden's car took, I close the door and follow her behind to see that Grandma has disappeared.

Now I am sure she thought it was Jayden who was at the door and she disappeared on purpose.

She was scolding me for running off instead of facing my fears. I knew she was going to talk about Jayden too or probably her wish for me to go back to the mansion and I was impatiently waiting for her to broach the topic so I can tell her a NO.

She wasn't done scolding me when the doorbell rang. I even thought she called me to apologize for attempting to slap me in Paris or for the unexpected packing and relocation back to America.

"How are you?" She asks after settling down. "Careful." She tells me as I sit beside her.

"Thank you", I smile lightly and settle down beside her. Our eyes meet and she smiles before leaning forward to pull me in a tight hug.

"I missed you, Isabella."

"Me too," I murmur, hugging her back.

"I was expecting you to show up for my baby's shower", she disengage from the hug. "I tried to reach you all to no avail. I really wish you were there for my baby's big day."

I smile in response. I don't know what to say because I am guilty. I didn't want to reach out.

"How is the baby? He?" I inquire.

She chuckles lightly. "It's a she. Her name is Isabella."

"What? Don't tell me you named your child after me", I find myself laughing genuinely in months.