CHAPTER 73

Isabella's POV

Jayden reeks of alcohol as his breath fans my entire face. When he wraps his hands around my waist, I stare at his handsome face while he continues to blink rapidly.

I have been out with Romeo and I was damn worried Jayden would do something rash like leaving for New York without letting me know or something unexpected.

My mind was divided and I had to plead with Romeo to let me go home early so I could rest well.

He didn't think twice about letting me come back to the hotel. He is such a perfect gentleman and I am more than confused now on what to do with his request tonight.

For the past 3 days that we have been going out and for 6 days since we bumped into each other, I was so sure that he liked me and that I liked him too and now that he has eventually confessed his feelings to me, I do not feel anything in me but numbness.

This is the reason why I wanted to come back to the hotel so I could think things through and come to a decision.

Romeo isn't giving me enough time. He wants me to give him a reply tomorrow because I might leave for Tuscan with Alejandro in two days and Romeo might also leave too.

"Where have you been?" Unlike the harsh, loud voice I was expecting, Jayden's voice is extremely low.

"Out", I reply, expecting him to let go of me so I can go. I really don't know how we are going to spend the night when there is a single bed here and I am not in the mood to share a bed with him. I am not even in the mood to talk to him. I just want to be alone.

When he isn't releasing me, I request calmly. "Let me go."

He shakes his head and tries to take a step closer when he staggers. Unconsciously, I grab his arm so he won't fall.

"You went out with that shitty piece of trash, right?" His voice is a bit raised now and I raise a brow at him.

"Shitty piece of trash? Romeo's description is nothing close to this", I raise my voice too. I can't believe we are back to our arguments from earlier.

"Really? It seems you have no idea how worried I was. I was looking around for you, you left without informing me of where you are going…"

"Do I look like a child to you, Jayden?" I cut him short, peering at him closely and letting my hand drop from his shoulder. 

Now I think the best thing to do is to have him get another room for himself. That will be the best solution because I am not in for any arguments.

"I was worried. What do you even think of me? Heartless? You think I don't have a heart and I don't have any right to care for you or be worried about you?" He shouts and his hands leave my waist. He staggers but quickly leans on the table. "Is that what you think of me? Someone who is too cold to love or someone who doesn't have a heart? Why won't I be worried about you for crying out loud? You are my wife…"