CHAPTER 79

Jayden's POV

A wave of nostalgia hit me when I saw her running out of the gates before anyone could stop her. It reminded me of something similar which happened two years ago.

Helena.

This was the same thing Helena did. We argued and she left in anger. I didn't follow her like I just did with Isabella. This is because I don't want fate to repeat itself again.

I doubt if I can ever find my peace if the same thing happens to Isabella.

Sitting right in front of the car, I stare up at the house, relieved that she is here and not somewhere else. I followed her for two reasons. To be sure that she is fine and to know where she is going.

I heave a deep sigh before going into the car to drive to Gabriel's place. His call came in earlier while I was driving and following the cab Isabella brought to her Grandma's place. I couldn't pick up but I called him immediately I got here to ask if he was home.

I have been here for several minutes. I don't know if it's because Isabella left the house or she is angry but I feel miserable.

The car roars to life and I drive away from the house, deep in thoughts. 

I am doing this for us. For her. I don't want to hurt her. I don't want to disappoint her but she isn't seeing my effort.

Being attractive to her isn't the right thing for me. I am bound to be this way for life. Helena would never be happy if I went against my vows to her. She deserves one last respect and that is what I want to give her.

To be honest, Isabella makes me happy but at the end of each day, being happy brings a sense of guilt in my chest that I have tried so hard to eliminate all to no avail.

How can I be happy? I am doomed to be this way for life, aren't I?

Ever since I went to Italy and we had sex, I have been happier than I have ever been in the two years since Helena died.

I sigh heavily and take my mind off everything as I drive closer to Gabriel's place. Isabella needs some time to herself. She will be back soon.

The gate opens and I drive in to meet Gabriel in the courtyard on a call. I can't see his clingy wife next to him and this is the reason why I am here. I wouldn't want to invite him to my place by this time of the night when Sabrina would be at home and in need of him.

They don't have a maid because Sabrina despises them. She prefers to do the house chores by herself. After a few months of their marriage, she employed an elderly maid who usually comes in every weekend to do everything for her.

I am sure she does not despise them for no reason. It is because of Gabriel's waywardness and I can see signs that he is changing already.

"Hey, man", he drops the call as I climb down from the car. He gives me a side brief hug and pulls away to notice my expression. "Is everything ok? You sounded off earlier…"