CHAPTER 90

Isabella's POV

The book store is unusually crowded today which made it slow for me to get the sales boy to get me my type of books.

I still read romance books. Some are similar to my kind of situation while others are beautiful from beginning to end even though trials and tribulations are inevitable. But what matters most is the love and trust between the couples.

By the time I got the books, I was already tired and I doubt if I will be able to come back here if the store continues getting crowded this way.

I couldn't even sit and it was getting harder by the day for me to squat or bend down.

I guess I will have to stop going to the store since I have enough books to last me for the month now or I can ask the boys to have them delivered to my doorstep. It won't hurt to spend more money on what keeps me busy.

I haven't been spending a lot but I have the intention of doing that soon. 

The money I got from Jayden is still saved up in my account. I used half of it for Grandma's surgery and the other money has been sustaining me for six months now.

I intend to shop for baby things online and have them delivered to my doorstep. It would have been so nice to have someone to accompany me to do some window shopping for the baby things but I have no one and going alone seems like a bad idea.

I think I have been so lazy too.

It makes me laugh sometimes when I finish eating and clearing the plates or washing them seems like a big deal. I know how hardworking I used to be and the changes in me make me laugh.

Adjusting my tote bag on my shoulder, I walk home, taking slow steps at a time till I get home.

I am wearing a pair of pants to ease the morning walk and also sandals. I haven't worn heels since I got here and I doubt if I will be able to wear any of them in the next six months.

When I get to the front of the building, I remember that I have to take the stairs to the fifth floor and I almost stomp my feet on the floor in frustration.

"Oh, Goodness!" I mutter derisively to myself as I walk inside, towards the staircase. I really have no choice but to do this. 

I can't wait to be inside. I am too tired to think of a solution. Besides, there isn't even any reasonable solution.

The only thing I can do is to sit downstairs for a while till I can regain my lost strength before taking the staircase up but that isn't good enough.

I don't want to be embarrassed. A neighbor can come out to see me sitting and the look of pity on their faces will make me feel bad for myself.

Breathlessly, I begin to count to 50 when I get to the third floor as I take each staircase at a time. This has become a routine. By the time I get to 50, I will be at my doorstep already.