CHAPTER 38

Isabella's POV

Checking out myself in front of the mirror, my mind begins to drift back to what Sabrina said about how she failed to get Jayden interested in her friend for the marriage contract.

I wish I could see what the woman looks like so I can compare myself to her. For me to see her, I need to become friends with Sabrina and I doubt if that is possible. I don't like people who talk too much and Sabrina seems like one. Additionally, she acts weird just like her husband.

I wonder what type of girls Jayden loves going out with. The class of girls is known as I told myself the other day. People like him go out with successful women or billionaire daughters; women who have something to invest in his businesses and not dumb-ass broke girls like me.

Sabrina seems like a working-class lady and I'm sure her friend must also be a working-class woman, why didn't he accept her? Why did he choose me instead of her?

Is it the shape? I ask myself when I realize I have been standing in front of the mirror for over 5 minutes, doing absolutely nothing other than checking myself out in a bikini.

I have the right shape. A shape that can turn a man on but I doubt if Jayden is that type of man. This is what attracts most un-serious men to me. And what I actually wanted was a serious man who will put the ring on my finger within a few months of dating and I will be hooked forever.

What I never imagined was getting into a marriage of this sort. There was no dating, no proposal, and no consummation.

I sigh heavily and drop my hands to my waist. 

Why the hell am I thinking of Jayden and the type of women he would love to date? If he is really interested in women, why did he marry me then? Is there a woman out there that he really likes and she isn't giving him attention? Am I here because he wants attention from her?

That is ridiculous! 

I scoff within myself and turn my back to the mirror with folded arms and my face in a frown.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I shouldn't be bothered about why I am here. Jayden had told me already that we are married because of the pressure to get married coming from his mother. I should be satisfied with that answer and not doubt him.

It isn't any of my business if he is lying, is it? If he is indeed lying, then I am to be blamed because I didn't ask questions before venturing into this.

For one last time, I expel a deep long sigh and grab a towel from the dresser before peeling my feet off the ground and heading for the door.

I am bored and I think a swim will make me less bored. I have been thinking of nothing and everything since Jayden left for work this morning. I wanted to visit Grandma but she told me she won't be home. I promised to send the guards tomorrow to help her with the packing.

I read a novel today and I just thought I should leave the other one and start tomorrow. I haven't been to Jayden's office since the other time he almost caught me.