CHAPTER 28

Isabella's POV

Jayden's outburst got to me and I began to question why I thought we were beginning to become friendly with each other just like couples ought to be.

I wanted to ask him who Helena was too but I couldn't because his cold glare made me shut my mouth.

I didn't want him to see me inside the room by the time he came back from the bathroom, so I stepped out, touring both the front and the backyard of the mansion with my arms folded around me and my mind far away.

Who would have thought I would end up being a contracted wife for my boss? 

I believe in love and I hold marriages in high esteem but here I am desecrating the vows of marriage.

My desire to see Grandma back on her feet has been achieved but I am still stuck in this marriage for months to come.

I get to the pool and stand watching the calmness of the water, wishing I can have a quiet life like this too.

But I can't. 

Getting married to Jayden has taken that quiet life away from me. I can barely go out now without being looked at. I can barely go out without people's attention on me.

I wonder how I am going to cope with going shopping, alone with Jayden's new secretary.

I sigh and leave the pool, intending to go in to take a bath and get ready for Anna's call. The scheduled time for the shopping yesterday was 1 pm and I am sure it will be the same today.

That is the break time at work when I was still working for Jayden and I am sure nothing has changed yet. The break usually lasts for an hour and I'm sure we will be done with the shopping before 2 pm.

I find my way back into the house when I hear a horn from the driveway. Out of curiosity, I stand still by the doorway, the rays of sun on my face blocking me from seeing who just drove in.

Immediately, someone in the driver's seat comes out of the Mercedes Benz and turns to the passenger's side to open up for the guest.

She steps out and I recognize her to be Jayden's Mother, even though she looks completely different today, unlike yesterday.

She is wearing a sleeve knee-length bateau satin Lace and high heels, her long brown hair is packed into a neat bun.

"Hey", she calls out when she sees me. You aren't ready yet?"

She moves closer, walking majestically, examining my sleepwear. Confusion spreads across my face. "Ready? For what?"

She rolls her eyes and hits my arm softly when she is close enough. "Don't tell me you have forgotten all about our shopping. Go get dressed, we are going shopping!" 

****

I sit beside her, trying to make an effort to remain calm and not show my nervousness and displeasure at being in the same car as her, going shopping.

A YEAR WITH THE BILLIONAIREOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara