CHAPTER 69

Isabella's POV

I could barely sleep a wink throughout the night. I can't place how I feel about this or why I didn't sleep.

Am I worried about Jayden? 

Why did he suddenly inform me that he is coming to Verona? Is he coming for a business meeting? Is he coming to see me?

He clearly rejected my offer for us to come together so I shouldn't raise my hopes high.

Am I scared of him? 

Why should I be scared? Am I scared that he will ruin what is between Romeo and me? He doesn't seem to like the fact that I was with Romeo last night and laughing. Romeo is a clown and he makes me laugh but he is just a friend.

Even if I want to be in a relationship, I know it isn't the right time to do this. I am married to someone else and it will be so bad of me to go into a relationship with a man I just met. I might actually consider him in the future if he asks me out. He hasn't said anything yet but I know he likes me just as much as I like him.

I will probably tell him what is happening. I actually lied to him last night that Jayden is a friend who is just checking up on me.

I regret why I called him a friend instead of a brother. Maybe if I had called Jayden my brother, Romeo wouldn't have looked surprised and asked me why my friend is checking up on me that late.

My emotions are jumbled and I don't understand how I feel.

I should be excited that he is coming, right? But I am not. How can I be happy when I don't even know why he is coming over?

I will be highly disappointed if I get over-excited with the thought that he is coming over because of me so we can explore the city together and he ends up coming here because of some business shit.

Just before I can rise from the bed, a knock comes on the door and I get up to answer it.

"Ta-da!" Romeo appears in front of my door with a bouquet and a bottle of red wine.

"Hey", I quickly recover from my shock and give him a brief hug, absentmindedly.

He notices my mood and when I pull away from the hug to accept the flowers and allow him into the room, he asks. "Are you ok?"

"Yes, sure!" I reply quickly. "I just feel a little tired from last night's walk", I chuckle to hide my nervousness.

I should find a way to excuse myself from tonight's date too. Romeo is an Italian too and he came from Spain. He told me he has been frequenting Verona for three years and he knows his way around more than I do.

He actually promised to take me around at night for the remaining days left for me to go back to America and I accepted willingly because I was always bored in my hotel room after Alejandro drops me off by 7 pm.