CHAPTER 31

Isabella's POV

The ride back home is in extreme, awkward silence. We left the mansion in a hurry even though I know Jayden wanted me to spend more time with his family but his mother ruined it all.

The atmosphere became tense and moody. Jayden stood up and asked us to leave for home.

I was glad. I was already uncomfortable with all the pitiful stares I was getting after the men apologized for Mrs. Russell's behavior.

Apparently, she doesn't like me. She has been pretending all along to like me but she doesn't in reality.

No wonder she made fun of my sleepwear. No wonder she asked me to undress Jayden. This is all in an attempt to frustrate me. 

She is mad at me for rejecting her offer.

I can not accept her offer. Even though she is willing to offer me way more than Jayden gave, I am going to be loyal to Jayden till the end.

He helped me when I was in desperate need of help. If he had ignored me when I asked for his help, what would have happened to Grandma by now?

He helped me save my only living family's life and I will forever be grateful to him. Now that I know his reasons for marrying me, I will also help him.

This is the least I can do.

"Isabella", Jayden calls, jerking me out of my reverie. I snap my head towards him with anxiety building up in me. He doesn't look at me. He only sighs deeply and apologizes. "I'm sorry."

 I raise a brow. I am not expecting that. Besides, there is no need to apologize for his mother's mistakes.

This is just reality showing its ugly face to me. Rich people marry wealthy people. Low-class families settle for people in their class.

Wealthy people don't go for low class. They look down on them and make them feel inferior.

If Jayden and I are truly married to each other, this is the same problem I would be facing. I am a nobody. My father does not own a company. My mother is not an actress or a supermodel and I am nothing but a college degree holder. I have nothing to add to Jayden's status.

"I should have known that she was pretending to like you all along. I thought she did", he clench his jaw, his forehead furrowed.

I smile. "It's ok."

I don't intend to have babies for Jayden because it isn't part of our deal so I see no reason why I should take what she said to heart. Jayden can have babies with whoever he wants, I don't care because this isn't real.

There are a lot of beautiful women out there that he can have babies with. Supermodels, actresses, businesswomen, and many more. I don't even deserve to carry a billionaire's child.

"Are you sure it's ok?" He questions, with a skeptical look and I nod.

"Of course", I laugh out and shake my head. "It's nothing, really. I see no reason why I should be offended because having babies isn't part of the deal. I'm not worth it."

He falls silent and I turn to look at him. His jaws clench further before he looks away.

"What do you mean by you don't worth it?" He suddenly asks me and I stare at him in surprise.

Why is he asking me this? 

I shrug nonchalantly. "Nothing."

"Nothing?" He raises a questioning brow at me.