CHAPTER 67

Isabella's POV

After putting on a logo bodycon dress, Alejandro's driver got me and we drove to the villa with my heart thumping wild in excitement.

We couldn't visit the villa yesterday because Alejandro said so. He only took me around the surrounding areas for sightseeing and in just one day, I have seen a lot. But it wasn't enough.

I have been awake since the break of dawn in anticipation of today's tour. Alejandro said it would be best to visit the villa in the morning or late afternoon which is why he asked me to go back to my hotel yesterday.

We get there within minutes of driving and the driver opens the car door for me. I jump down, wondering where Alejandro is when he appears from nowhere with a big wide grin on his face.

"Il Mio Amore",  he spread his arm out and I hug him, paying a deaf ear to the way he called me his love.

When I release myself from the hug, I know I should have rolled my eyes at him instead.

Before I can say anything, he grabs my hand. "Let's go visit Romeo and Juliet."

My excitement comes back and I almost jump up. I am about to ask him how long we would walk when I see a large crowd in front of us. It is more like a hallway leading to somehow and I need no soothsayer to tell me where we are.

Maybe Alex wanted to surprise me but the Juliet Wall gave it away. I always saw the Wall in pictures and seeing them in reality now makes my mouth drop in awe.

"Verona is the 4th visited City in Italy", Alejandro speaks, his Italian accent back stronger than ever before as he drags me further in.

We move past the wall with crowded people and I glance around in utter amazement.

"And this was as a result of Shakespeare's claim of Romeo and Juliet in the city of Verona, even though he never visited Verona." He continues as we venture in.

"His other play…." He trails off, stopping abruptly and looking like someone in deep thoughts.

He must be trying to remember Shakespeare's other plays. "The two gentlemen in Verona?"

"Beautiful!" He compliments me with a wave of the hand, making me smile. 

He continues again. "In November 2000, the city was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO because of its urban structure and architecture."

Just then, we get to the courtyard and there is a statue of who we presume to be Juliet. I gasp, my hands leaving Alejandro who is still rambling on without knowing that I am in a different world entirely.

I can feel the tears brimming in my eyes as I watch the statue and how people are gathered there trying to touch her. I snap my head around to see the balcony.

There was a balcony in the book, Romeo and Juliet. The balcony is there in front of me, decorated with freshly cut-out flowers. The building structure is extremely old but it surprises me how much people can value things no matter how ancient it is.