CHAPTER 76

Isabella's POV

My jaws drop.

Not at the venom in his voice. But at his utterance. 

Does he know Jayden? He doesn't even know who he is so why is he talking this way?

I know it might take a long time before Jayden begins to love me but what matters is that he wants to give this a chance. He wants to give us a chance and that is all that matters the most to me.

I am a patient person. I can wait till he is ready to open up and accept me to be his partner. We are married after all. All I need to do is show him love, make him happy and be there for him all the time.

"What about you? Is this just about him and what he wants? Do you think being selfless is what the world is all about? You don't even know if he loves you." Romeo adds as if hearing my thoughts.

I shake my head. I don't want to let his words get to me and discourage me from moving on with what has barely started between Jayden and me.

We haven't talked about us and what the future holds but I have a strong conviction that it is going to be fine.

"I love you, Isabella'', in a blink of an eye, he is in front of me as I stand up from the bench we are sitting on. His two hands are on my cheeks, caressing them while I watch him. "I love you from the bottom of my heart and I want to make you mine. That rich boy doesn't love you, he just loves the fact that he can use you at any time with just a sweet word or the promise of some monetary benefit…"

I push him away instantly. This is it. I shouldn't have confided in him. I shouldn't have told him about the contract between us. I thought he was going to be mature and understanding but I was wrong.

Jayden doesn't say sweet words. He is not one to do that. He doesn't lie. He says things the way they are.

I won't let Romeo convince me just because he wants me to himself.

"I love you, Isabella!" he shouts, making the lady who walks past us turn back, flashing me a smile before turning back on her heels again.

"I should go", I only say, feeling exhausted for no reason. I know this feeling. I have had too much in just two nights and I need time to process everything.

"What?" He exclaims, watching me in disbelief as I grab my handbag from the bench.

"Isabella…"

"Romeo, stop this already. Don't you think it would have been much easier if I had told you to quit over the phone?" His mouth is agape as I shout at him. "But I didn't. I respect you so much and I assumed you were mature enough to understand what I am driving at and to let go. Why are you being difficult? I am married for crying out loud. Even if I don't love him, we can't be together…"

"But I can wait", he cuts me short, tears brimming in his eyes. "You guys can still go ahead with the divorce after a year, right? Do it, I will wait."