CHAPTER 72

Jayden's POV

I stir in my sleep, my lips parted and my eyes eventually fly open to see the darkness around me.

Someone must have turned off the light, I think to myself as I stretch my hand towards the bedside.

There is no bedside and it clicks. I am not in my mansion but the Academia hotel in Italy.

Hurriedly, I sit upright and search for my phone on the bed. I remember going downstairs to get coffee for myself and breakfast for Isabella which I don't even know if she ate or not.

When I came back up, I took a hot bath before jumping into bed and working on my laptop, expecting her to come out so we could talk but she stayed indoors till I fell asleep.

How long have I been sleeping? I ask within myself as I find my phone and press the button to check the time.

It is 6 pm which means I have been out for more than 5 hours.

Wow! 

I can't remember how long I have slept this way before, even at night. I guess my exhaustion from the flight and my recent sleepless nights are responsible.

I find the light switch and flick it on before glancing around for the sight of Isabella. Why didn't she wake me up?

When my gaze falls on the table where I dropped her breakfast tray, I find out it is gone. I smile to myself.

Turning to the room where she was staying before I slept off, I throw the door open to see the emptiness of the room.

My brows are furrowed in confusion. Where did she go? How could she leave without a word?

I know we haven't cleared the air between us but that is because she isn't giving me a chance to say what I am here for. She isn't giving me a listening ear.

Romeo is no good for her. I can't let her date him. I can't let her get hurt.

Quickly, I rush back to the bed to grab my phone and dial her number. While pacing to and fro, the phone rings continuously but she isn't picking up.

It is infuriating to me. Why isn't she picking up?

I am about to drop the phone on the bed to wait for her when another thought jumps into my mind. 

What if something had happened to her? She must have been gone for a long time. If she was around all along, she would have woken me up out of concern.

Has she gone back to America? I look around to see her suitcase still there beside the wardrobe.

Has she gone out to meet Romeo? That must be it. Romeo called her this morning and I'm sure he would want to meet up with her to find out who I am. Is she ok? Has he done something to her?