CHAPTER 61

Jayden's POV

I finish up our discussion in a hurry with my heart racing practically in my ribcage. My mind was on Isabella and what she would do if Sabrina doesn't pay much attention to her.

I remembered that Gabriel would be out with me tonight because Sabrina was also going out with her female friends and she might not have time to entertain Isabella.

When we got to Gabriel's home to meet Isabella and Sabrina's absence, fear sprang up in my heart and I began to pace the courtyard, dialing my home phone to give Sandra a call while Gabriel also called his wife.

Sandra told me Isabella wasn't home but Gabriel's wife said she was with her. That was when I breathed a sigh of relief but I wasn't still assured until they arrived.

The moment the driver gears the car inside the courtyard, I take a long stride toward them while Gabriel follows me behind.

I haven't been giving him attention. My mind and thoughts have been all over the place. I have been thinking of what I would do if she leaves.

Isabella comes out immediately and she sees me. Sabrina climbs down too.

"Good evening", I say quickly. "I came to pick her up."

Sabrina nods her head in reply as she smiles. Without hesitation, I intertwined my fingers with Isabella before walking towards my own car.

I open the door to the car for her myself and watch her climb in. I slide in beside her and close the door without a word to her or a goodbye to Gabriel and his wife who stands watching us.

I haven't been myself since I dropped her off. There was this sudden fear in me. A fear that I couldn't place. A fear that I kept questioning.

It is unlike me to be afraid of situations like this. When a situation like this arises, I don't get worked up because I can easily find a solution to it.

But in this case, it feels like there is no solution. I don't know if it's because of my reputation or the fear of having Isabella tagged as a gold digger.

Now that I am myself because she is right beside me, I feel stupid for worrying over nothing.

Isabella has no choice but to stick to our agreement.

"Are you ok?" Her face appears in front of me with concern just as the car drives out of the gates.

I stare at her face, wondering why I have to be so afraid of her leaving. She is just a woman like the rest of the girls out there and I can easily get another woman to replace her.

Will it be that easy? Will it be easy to let her leave and then find another woman, sign another contract, and get divorced again?

I shake my head. "I'm fine!"

Her face disappears from my view immediately, making a sinking feeling of guilt settle inside of me.

The tone. My tone was harsh. She was just trying to be caring. As always.

Why does she care so much even when I am being harsh to her? Just this evening, I spoke to her rudely about not leaving and she isn't acting mad. Is this because I am her boss or is this just her nature?

Silence falls between us and my gaze is fixed upon the car window. I am beginning to wonder what is on Isabella's mind too as the silence continues for a long time.

Finally, I ask. "Where did you go?"

She doesn't reply for a while until I snap my head towards her. She smiles. "We went to a party."