CHAPTER 52

Jayden's POV

It has been a week since I went to work and I have been home resting simply because Isabella insisted that I stay at home for a week.

I know I actually needed the rest but I couldn't pay deaf ears to the piles of work I had to sort out.

With Isabella's help, I got everything done in just a few days while we left the others at work. Anna usually brings the important one home for me and Isabella to work on. Most times, she handles it alone while I watch her do it.

She has been really supportive and I can't believe she hasn't brought up the issue of leaving again since the other day.

When she came back home that night, she was with a smile on her face and I was happy to see her back in the house. I kept on ignoring the voice telling me that Isabella would never come back again.

I am going to resume work tomorrow but I decided to make today worth it for Isabella. I want to appreciate her for staying by my side all through the week, making jokes just to see me laugh, and doing virtually everything for me.

When she asked if I wanted her to feed me, I raised a brow. I am not a baby and even if I was weaker, I won't allow that.

It's hard to stop thinking about Helena, especially about how she smiled down at me. I have no idea what it means and I haven't figured it out yet.

It bothers me sometimes and for two days in a row, I haven't slept at all at night. When Isabella noticed I wasn't sleeping last night, she sat up and we were in silence till it was dawn.

She didn't push it. She didn't ask me what happened. She only sat up and folded her arms around her bosom.

Nights scare me a lot. Ever since she died. When I find it hard to sleep at night, I always ends up having wild imaginations and thinking back to the night Helena died.

But when Isabella sat up last night, that action alone pushed away every fear in me and I began to think about her. How we met and how I got to employ her as my Assistant.

After a while, I concluded within me that I made the right decision by asking her to be my wife for a year. She is the best.

"Where is this place?" Her eyes roam the entire place as I drive in and park the car close to the chalet house.

It is surrounded by lakes and the only road that leads here is one. The sun is setting already and it makes the light from the house glow in the evening darkness.

This is where I come to whenever I feel sick and tired of working my ass off to get the thought of Helena out of my head. This place gives me a sense of comfort and I usually spend a day or two recovering before going back home to my usual daily routine.

I brought Isabella here for a reason.

"Wow!" She mutters her amazement and I smile. I get down from the car and she does the same, looking over the house and turning to face the lake.