CHAPTER 50

Jayden's POV

I can't believe she said is leaving. She wants to go against the contract.

I understand that this might be coming from the concerns she has for me and because of what my mother must have said to her which is why she is taking this rash decision.

She isn't as tired as I am but we are in this already.

She is going nowhere till the end of our one-year contract. I don't care what my mother says and I don't care what she says either.

She is staying and that's final.

Fortunately, Gabriel came with his car and I told the doctor to let me go. He didn't want to until I promised him I would rest for the whole week at home.

I need to stop Isabella. I don't know if she is going home to pack her things.

Our marriage is just three weeks old.

What will the public say of me? What will my mother think? By leaving, Isabella is just giving my Mother the opportunity to say it to everyone that she didn't marry me because she loves me but because she is after my money.

"Drive faster before she leaves", I say with a tone of commandment forgetting the fact that this isn't my driver but Gabriel.

"Be calm, man", he says. "Isabella is going nowhere."

I watch him. "How can you be so sure? You saw the determination on her face when she said she was leaving so what are you saying?" I can't help but growl.

He isn't driving fast. There is a bandage over my right hand and my head. My head still hurts but I need to go home.

Even if I don't leave today, I know I will surely leave the hospital tomorrow. I hate hospitals and the smell of drugs.

"I'm sure, don't worry. All you need to do is use the contract against her", he laughs shortly. As much as I want to accuse him of wanting me to blackmail Isabella to do my bidding, it seems like a pretty good idea.

Remembering that I haven't asked him what Mother said to her, I turn to him again. I am so sure this has to do with Mother or my behavior towards her these past few days.

"What did Mother say to her?" I ask him immediately as he takes the right bend towards my mansion.

He shrugs indifferently. "Well, she called her a gold digger and said she wanted to kill you."

"What?!" I exclaim in disbelief. "Kill me?"

"Well, I almost believed it too, not until Isabella told us what happened", he voice out his thoughts and I exclaim again, this time more loudly.

"What? Why will you think that of her? She is a good woman."