CHAPTER 36

Isabella's POV

Determined to give Jayden's friend and his wife a good impression of myself and to make sure that they believe that we are in love, I step out of my room in a single piece velvet short gown with long sleeves and an ankle strap heels.

My hair is packed in a low loose bun as usual and I have a nude lip gloss on my lips with little makeup on my face. I don't want to overdo it.

I am the billionaire's wife and I need to look like one just like Jayden had mentioned to me when he came home to inform me that his best friend, Gabriel and his wife, Sabrina would be coming over for dinner.

I know Gabriel who usually frequents the office and I have only seen his wife once and that was at our wedding day. 

I am a bit anxious. 

Jayden had gone down for more than 10 minutes and I am sure they would be waiting for me so we could eat dinner.

I take the staircase down to hear the laughter of Gabriel. He has a really loud voice and I know that voice doesn't belong to my husband.

I get to the landing and approach the dinning area. They all look up when I am close by and Sabrina flash me a smile.

We exchange pleasantries and Sabrina gets up to embrace me. In a split second, I have been released from the hug and Jayden pushes the chair out for me to sit in, without standing up from his own chair.

Like I predicted, dinner is ready and they were waiting for me. We started with the appetizer amidst chats and laughter between the two men while Sabrina and I only exchange a few words.

We move to the main dish and silence ensues till we are done. The red wine on the table looks new. I didn't see this type among the ones I saw in the cellar when I was taking a tour round the mansion this morning.

It also tastes nice. I gulp down the remaining content left in my glass cup and drop it, refraining myself from asking Jayden to pour more for me.

After the guest are gone, I will take more but for now, I need to respect myself and act like the billionaire's wife that I am.

Gabriel and Jayden begin to talk about their business leaving Sabrina and I out. Sabrina begins to chip in and I feel left out.

She must have noticed that I am silent so she snaps her head towards me. "I'm sure Isabella has an idea."

I am jolted alert at the statement and I blink in confusion. I don't know what she is talking about.

"Don't you?" She ask, smiling.

"Yes, of course", I reply, hiding the embarrassment on my face. I don't know what she is talking about and it will be upsetting if I ask her what it is. Jayden might not be pleased.

"You see?" She gives Jayden and Gabriel a look of I-told-you-so.