fifteen

The day slowly rolls by, but eventually, the final bell goes, dismissing us all from our class. I storm off to where I think Levi will be. In my English classroom. I throw the door open, only to see Levi working hard at the teacher's desk, holding his hands around his head, as he struggles with whatever he's doing. 

"Knock, knock," I say, even though I've entered the class, and tap away at the door, repeatedly.

"Yeah, I'm all good to drive you home tonight," my older brother grumbles, keeping his eyes on the unmarked paper. 

"I came here to ask why you've started teaching my class," I growl, threateningly, staring holes through Levi's head.

"Oh, right, that. Yeah, well... the boys and I decided that there'd be no one better to teach your class, than me. That way I'd be able to keep an eye on the twins during school," Levi explains, still not looking up.

"That's great and all, but can we go home? I have homework to do, and I'm tired," I complain, kicking the floor, with one of my feet.

"Okay, just wait outside, and let me finish up. I don't want any distractions while I mark the work," my older brother orders, ushering me out of the classroom, with one finger.

I  groan in frustration but follow his request, stepping outside, and shutting the door after me. Most of the kids are heading out now, and I wait cluelessly at the door, whistling to myself, as passing people look at me weirdly. 

One of the people who's walking by themselves is Dolly. When she sees my bored demeanor, she bounds towards me, jumping up and down.

"What are you doing here, Ze? The bell went, like 5 minutes ago," my friend says in a 'duh' tone. 

"Oh, you kno-"

"Well, anyway, I think that a certain someone likes you," Dolly exclaims, furrowing, and un-furrowing her eyebrows. "Noah couldn't stop talking about you."

Suddenly, the classroom door opens, and Levi stands there, crossing his arms over his chest, expectantly.

"Who's Noah?" Levi asks, showing his overprotective side. 

"No one," I reply quickly, shooting Dolly a side glance, so she doesn't say anything, but my friend doesn't seem to get the message.

"He's a friend of mine. I think he likes Ze."

"Hold up, one of your guy friends like my little sister? I don't think so. What's his last name?" Words spew from Levi's mouth before I can stop them, and my face morphs into one of pure shock. 

"Little sister?" Dolly looks from me to Levi in confusion, before piecing 2 and 2 together, by recongising our facial similarities. "Oh, my god!"

"That is enough for today. I'll see you tomorrow, Dolly," I exclaim loudly, tugging Levi's arm, trying to get him to leave, but he doesn't budge.

"We're not leaving yet, Ze. I want to know this boy's last name," my brother announces, coldly, pulling me back.

"No, no, no. Bye Dolly, have a great night," I plea, desperately, and my slow friend finally begins to get the message. 

Still, though, she looks at me with an expression I can't decipher. I think that it's between shock, and confusion, but whatever it is, I don't like it. 

Dolly waves at me, and slowly walks away, continuing to ogle towards me and my brother, until she leaves around the corner. 

I sigh in relief, before facing Levi, who went from my favourite brother, to least favourite brother in the time span of 10 minutes.

"How. Dare. You." I grit my teeth, and stomp my feet against the ground in frustration.

"Who's the boy?" Levi remarks rudely.

"I don't even know him. I met him for the first time, today," I explain, skeptically, as my eyes dance around the hallways, which are emptying by the second.

"I'll be telling Charlie and Chase to watch out for him. I don't ever want to be notified that you were together. Am I clear?" My older brother insists, looking at me, as if I have lost his respect, because someone might like me.

"It's a good thing I'll never be seen around him, then," I state coldly, brushing him off. 

"The twins have hockey training tonight, so they won't be meeting with us," Levi says, beginning to walk away.

"You can't be mad at me for something I can't control," I reveal to my brother, as I run after his disappearing figure. 

He doesn't respond, and continues walking to the car. I can hear sound from the gym and assume that it's my brothers' hockey team practicing. 

Levi opens his car door for me, and raises his eyebrows, wanting me to get in. I obey his silent command, and sit inside, waiting patiently as my brother starts the car.

The landscape flies by, and I place my chin on my raised fist, seeing happy young people talk with their friends.

But one person sticks out to me. He stands by himself on the edge of the road, and looks extra hard as our car passes him. His face falls into a smirk as we make eye contact, and I feel my stomach drop down to hell.

Fletcher stands there by himself, with his hands in his jean pockets, as he casually looks through my soul, as if he didn't grope me yesterday.

I don't know what to do.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for over 1600 reads (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3