sixty five

It seemed to take forever before we arrived back home, but that was probably because I decided to count each second.

Silly me.

I remained in Adrian's arms the entire ride, refusing to do so much as look at my brothers. They may have just saved me from my death, as well as my father's death, but I can still be angry at them.

I was the first one to throw the helicopter's door open, and jump to the ground in happiness. I never thought that I would be so happy to feel the grass.

I set off at a jog towards the mansion-looking house, wasting no time, and searching for the spare key that is always hidden under the doormat. 

But the spot is seemingly empty.

I spin around in confusion, only to see that my brothers, and Adrian are coming closer to me. Matteo is sporting a large smirk as he notices my position on the floor, trying to find the key.

"We got rid of all the extra keys. After you were taken, we didn't want any chances of people getting into the house," my oldest brother explains, pulling me up from the ground.

I nod my head in understanding. I get that. There's a valid reason as to why he would want to do that. But Noah didn't take a key to get in the house. That's too simple for him. He needed a little challenge.

I'm guessing that he crawled through the window, or even made a secret passage underneath the house.

He seems to like to complicate everything he does. For the thrill of it, I'm guessing.

Axel pulls a key from his pocket, and soundlessly unlocks the front door. I listen as the satisfying click rings through the air. The wooden door swings open, and I freeze in awe, realising how much I missed this house.

It may not have been long since I was last here, but it feels like forever. It smells like home in here. The scent that probably lives on me wafts outside, and it smells like a new car, and something I can't place.

Home.

Despite the fact that my brothers all wear their own cologne, and I wear perfume, the scent of this house always lives on. 

Matteo gestures for me to walk in the house first, and I hesitantly do. This moment has to be special.

My shaking body wanders into the foyer, and the nostalgia hits me like a ton of bricks. I missed this place so much.

Without another word, I sprint up the first set of stairs, into my bedroom. When my eyes scan the place, I notice that nothing has been moved. Nothing tampered with. It almost seems like no one came inside here.

Like they were trying hard to respect my privacy. 

The homework book I was working on before I was kidnapped sits open on my desk, while a black pen lays beside it placidly.

I want to cry. This is so overwhelming.

I trample over to my bed next. The quilt cover is unarranged and messy. The folds are done incorrectly, and it's creased.

But it's mine.

I slowly sink into the material, clutching my main pillow like my life depends on it.

If I was told one month ago that I would be kidnapped by the quiet boy at school, taken to the house of my enemy, and ex, only to find out who my father was, I wouldn't have believed you.

But now that it has happened, I don't know how I wouldn't believe it. This is my reality now.

A reality where everything is constantly changing. My life is unpredictable. 

I just want to have a good long nap. One that I might not have to wake up from.

But a sudden thought, causes my body to jerk up.

Dolly. 

I completely forgot about her. With everything that has been going on, my friend has not really been on my mind a lot.

I rush back down the stairs, ignoring the pounding in my head that wants to go back to bed, and try to fall asleep.

I run into one of my youngest brothers, Chase while I'm sprinting around the upstairs corridor.

He gives me a pointed look, and I quickly apologize, before snatching his phone out of his pocket.

Of course, he complains, and tries to get it off me, but I push it out of his reach, and quickly dial Dolly's phone number that I have encoded inside my brain, for situations like now. 

It takes three long rings for her to pick up, and by this point, Chase has given up trying to take his phone away from me.

"Hello, who is this?" My friend's voice wearily asks.

I never thought I'd be so happy to hear Dolly speak.

"It's me," I say through the speaker loudly, just so she knows I'm not a random person, or something. "Hazel. You know, from school."

Her reply is instant. "Where have you been?"

Dolly's tone is accusing, but I completely understand. If she disappeared for ages without even texting me, I'd be mad at her.

"It's a long story," I sigh, pinching my nose. "But basically, I got kidnapped."

"What?!" She squeals. "Was the kidnapper hot?"

I roll my eyes. She reads too many books. "No, Dolly, they kidnapped me. They're probably psychotic, and need to be put in a mental hospital."

"Hold on, I'll be at your house in ten minutes. And when I get there, I'm gonna need you to spill all the tea," she says, and from what I can hear, it sounds like she's moving.

"See you in ten."

I hang up the call, before lazily passing Chase his phone back, and climbing the stairs, back to my bedroom. 

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 55500 reads and over 2k votes- 2152. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3