forty seven

Adrian throws me a suspicious look, but never the less, follows me through the hall, so we are able to talk somewhere more private.

My heart is beating at a million miles an hour, and I'm still deciding whether I want to tell him what's going on, but the rational part of me, encourages my body to do it. 

When we have arrived at the quietest part of the school, I sigh loudly, and turn around, so I face the boy, who has been on my mind, non stop, since I met him.

"There's a problem," I vaguely explain, trying to make sure that my sentence is brief.

"What sort of problem, Ze? You're really beginning to scare me," Adrian exclaims, taking my hands into his, and staring into my eyes.

"It has something to do with my phone, and the hangout date thing we had, a couple of days ago." I intensely gulp, and break eye contact, so I don't feel bad about what I'll have to say next. 

"Did I do something wrong?" Adrian instantly asks, trying to make me look at him, so I can answer truthfully.

I quickly shake my head, silently signaling the word 'no,' and luckily, Adrian believes me. 

"I got a couple of weird texts, and at first I just thought that they were spam messages, but I don't think that's what they are, anymore," I say, with an unsure tone. 

"Okay, so what are they, then?" The boy asks, as his patience starts to wear thin.

"I'm pretty sure that I have a stalker!" I finally blurt out, and after I finish my statement, I can hear the pin drop, since deathly silence follows.

"What?" Adrian growls, menacingly, taking a step back from me, and trying to decipher whether or not my words are a joke.

I bite my lip, in nervousness, and nod my head slowly, as a set of tears begin to cloud my vision, but I refuse to let them fall.

"Who's stalking you? Why are they stalking you? How do you know that it's stalking? Have you told anyone else?" Adrian fires question after question at me, and yet, I can't open my mouth to reply.

Eventually, I pull myself together, and take a deep breath, so I can begin talking.

"Firstly, I don't know who's stalking me, or why they're stalking me, but they do seem very jealous of you being around me. I'm pretty sure it's stalking because the person has been taking photos of me, as well as me with other people, before sending threatening messages attached to them." Then I pause, not wanting to answer the final question, because I know that Adrian won't be happy with the result of the answer.

"Come on, Hazel. Have you told anyone else about it?" The boy urges, desperately.

Quickly, I shake my head, and bend my neck to the floor, feeling ashamed in myself for not having the strength to do it.

Right now, I feel like a little kid being scolded, because I did something I shouldn't have done. But it's not like that. Instead, I didn't tell people, when I should  have done.

Adrian takes a deep breath, as a calming method, while he tries to pull himself together. His fingers wrap around his silky hair, and he buries his face within the palms of his hands. 

"Fuck," Adrian curses loudly.

I flinch back at the loud sound, but try to play it off as a brush to my shoulder. What's he shouting for? It's not to late. I'm still alive, and have not been kidnapped.

"You need to calm down," I say lightly, placing one of my hands against the boy's shoulder, hoping to reassure him, and stop him from doing anything stupid.

"Don't you understand, Ze? This isn't something small. This whole thing is a huge mess!" Adrian raises his voice, before realising his mistake, and quickly calming back down. "You know what, everything is going to be alright. You got me?"

I nod my head, and hug Adrian, wanting the warmth, and protectiveness that comes with him. 

"Do you have any idea who it is? Doing it, I mean," the boy says, tangling his arms around my waist.

I briefly hum, but don't elaborate until Adrian asks me to.

"I've narrowed it down a lot. Right now, I'm pretty sure that it's a boy in my science class, the one who hurt me," I comment quietly, making sure that no one else can hear our private conversation.

"You mean that Noah boy?" Adrian questions, cracking his knuckles, as well as the bones in his neck.

I do nothing but nod, knowing that Adrian will get the message whether I use words or not. 

"Okay. This is how it's going to be. We need to tell your brothers, and they 'll do whatever they think is best," Adrian decides, but I'm automatically opposed to the idea.

My eyes comically widen, and I try to shake off the idea. "No! We can't do that. Who knows what they'll do. I  don't trust them enough to tell them. Not yet at least. Please Adrian."

I begin to beg, and that's when I know the boy stands in front of me cracks. His entire facial expression softens, and slowly, he nods his head.

"Fine, but if there's anymore of this funny business, I want you to tell me straight away, and we'll decide what to do together. But the second someone's at risk, your brothers will be notified," Noah explains, kissing my forehead.

I nod my head in acceptance. That seems like a fair deal. 

All I have to do, is not tell Adrian when something bad happens. And then I'm safe from everyone's wrath.

Everyone excluding my stalker. 

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 27900 reads and over 1k votes- 1282. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3 

P.S. Sorry for the update being a couple of hours late, the wifi was down, but I think it's all fixed now