sixty four

The next couple of hours is like a blur to me. From the harsh ringing in my ears, due to the ambulance sirens, to the talking of paramedics, and the painful groaning of my father, I'm completely ready to go home.

I've spent most of the time, huddled against Levi's chest, while multiple paramedics approach us, asking whether they can take a look at me.

Each time it happens, Levi becomes even more protective and shouts -unnecessarily loud- at the people to go and mind their own business.

He said they can't look at me, because there was no reason for me to be injured during a home invasion, and they just want a chance to wrongly frame a family for abuse. 

I have to give it to my brother, his thinking is very smart. But I can understand why the paramedics might think that.

They keep asking Matteo and Axel personal questions about the house. They vaguely respond, while keeping their eyes firmly against our father.

Eventually, they take our injured sperm donor to the hospital, claiming that a lot more tests are needed, as well as stitches, and possibly a surgery, depending on the test results.

I don't like the idea of that, but it's either surgery, or he dies, so I reluctantly let my father go.

When he notices my sad face, my father beckons me over, and lightly kisses the crown of my head, reassuring me that he will be fine, and waiting for me in the hospital when he gets better.

But his body must betray him, because suddenly, he groans in the stretcher, and heaves over in pain, alerting medical staff, who push me out the way and rush over to him.

I glance back at my brothers, who watch on with hard glares, but refuse to do anything.

This time, it's Matteo who takes me into his arms, and holds me close, as the ambulance squeals off to the nearest hospital. 

"He will be okay, right?" I ask hesitantly, looking up at my oldest brother in worry.

"Of course, Hazel. He's kept himself alive for way over a decade. Being shot in the shoulder is probably the least of his worries," my oldest brother sharply addresses me, before turning and talking to another one of those men wearing black suits.

"Have him moved to our private hospital when he's stable. I don't need those doctors becoming suspicious of his situation when we've just got him back," Matteo orders, emotionlessly, staring holes through the man.

The guard- or who I'm assuming is a guard- nods his head, and turns around, subtly leaving the room, without making a single noise.

Like he's trained to do so.

"We need to get out of here," Axel mutters, but it's more to himself than it is to us.

"I agree. I'll have the men set up a timer. Five minutes before the house blows up. They'll take all the valuables they can find, and we'll sell them on the market," Matteo smartly decides, pushing me forward so I am closer to the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask, once I am outside of the house, only to see grass until it meets the horizon. 

I suddenly shut my mouth when I see the helicopter that seems to drop from the sky. 

"Climb up," Levi insists, as a rope ladder, gracefully falls from the flying machine.

I don't think twice, and grab onto the railing, pulling myself higher and higher, until I am inside the helicopter. 

There, I see the face of a man, I never wanted to see more.

I throw myself at Adrian, as if my life depends on it, and refuse to let go. I hear his deep voice let out a hearty chuckle at my antics, before he returns the gesture, giving my waist a small squeeze.

I move slightly over, so the rest of my brothers have room to make it through the small glass door of the helicopter. 

One after the other, they all pile in, until we have a full house. Matteo takes charge of the flying, and switches spots with Adrian.

He expertly moves the machine until the grand kidnap house is out of sight. However, a couple of minutes later, I don't miss the loud boom as the entire place bursts into ashes.

I can feel the smirk on some of my brothers' faces, and have the tempting urge to wipe it off then, but control my impulsive thoughts.

"How long will it be, until we get home?" I whine, trying to sit on the helicopter floor, but Chase grabs my arms, to keep me in a standing position.

"Not long, Ze. A couple hours at most," Adrian replies instantly, taking me away from Chase's arms, and into his.

I groan loudly, and open my mouth to complain, but Axel cuts in first.

"I swear to God, Ze. If you start complaining about the time, I'm literally going to throw you out of this helicopter," my second oldest brother threatens, and without hesitation I begin speaking.

"Well at least then, I'll be home faster. With my mum, and soon, maybe even my dad," I say.

All of my brothers whip around towards me, with seething glares. "Don't joke about shit like that," Matteo announces loudly, turning back around and keeping his eyes on the path in front of him.

While Axel on the other hand, fights in Levi's grip, no doubt wanting to throw me out of the sky. Eventually the boy calms down by proceeds to throw me the death stare for the rest of the trip.

Well, this is awkward.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 53700 reads and over 2k votes- 2078. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3