twenty

Today, I have to go back to school, and it's safe to say that I'm not looking forward to it. With everyone knowing that I'm related to the Bolivi brothers and that our last names aren't just a coincidence. 

I don't know what Dolly's going to think of me, and after the text, she sent me a couple of days ago, I'm not sure what I think of her, either. 

We eat breakfast in silence, and the only sound that can be heard is the light scraping of cutlery against the plates. When I have finished, I politely position my knife and fork, to indicate that I have finished, and wait.

It's not long before the rest of my brothers finish their breakfast as well. We all participate in an awkward stare-off for a couple of minutes before Matteo breaks the silence, by loudly clearing his throat.

"Have a nice day at school guys."

Ever since I discovered their mafia business, the tension between us has risen. It went from uncomfortable to unbearable.

"Thanks. I'm sure we will," I reply, drying, swallowing my saliva, in an attempt to clear my raspy voice.

"We should probably head off now. I don't want to be late for my first class of teaching, today," Levi exclaims, grabbing a set of keys from the counter, and wringing them around his finger, as he leaves the room.

Chase and Charlie follow him soundlessly, making me the only one in the room with our oldest brothers.

Axel's mean glare penetrated my skull, and I can feel the heat in his gaze. Matteo looks at me curiously, confused as to why I haven't left the room yet.

"I should probably head out, and all. I'd hate to keep the boys waiting." I twiddle with my thumbs for a second, before pointing them behind me, to where our other brothers had previously left. 

Matteo nods his head. "That sounds like a good idea."

Axel doesn't say anything but just proceeds to scoff at me like I'm an amusing spectacle to him. 

I slowly stand up from my seat, and sprint out of the room, as fast as my legs can carry me. Charlie, Chase, and Levi are waiting in one of the many cars that fill the garage, and I quickly join Charlie in the backseat.  

Levi starts up the engine, and we drive out of the garage, and off to school. He drives a lot slower than Charlie does, and it's obvious that the boy sitting next to me, is less than happy about the seating arrangements.

"Drive faster, you twat," Charlie snaps, out of the blue, when his patience finally creases. 

"No, Charles. I'm already going above the speed limit, I don't need to get a speeding ticket from the cops. Besides, this is my car, not yours," Levi retorts calmly.

I feel the need to snicker at his phrase but stop myself. The way Levi talks about the law, makes me think that he abides by it. But in all honestly, he doesn't anything but that.

After a gruelingly long drive, we finally arrive at school, and Charlie is the first one to slam his door open and touch the grass.

"Holy mother of God," he mutters aloud, on his hands and knees. "Please never let me get in a car with someone who drives so slowly."

Levi chuckles at his little brother's dramatic antics and slaps him on the head. 

"Feel free to walk home today, Char," he says, walking into the building without looking back. 

I proceed to try and find Dolly, and when I finally locate her, she runs up to me, pulling me into a bear hug.

"I'm so sorry that I reacted the way I did, Ze. I just never expected you to be related to those Gods," she gushes, kindly.

"No, it's fine, Dolly. I don't mind. No one was hurt," I exclaim softly, pulling away from her, so she doesn't think I'm too desperate for a hug.

"Hey, excuse me," I hear a deep voice say, from behind me. "I was wondering whether I could talk to you."

It's the guy I thought was a wall. A small blush coats my cheeks, at the thought of how I embarrassed myself. 

I nod my head, and send Dolly an apologetic smile, quietly telling her, that I'll see her in class.

I follow the boy, to a quiet hallway, and cross my arms over my chest protectively. 

"Are you related to the Bolivi brothers?" He asks, desperately.

I sigh before answering. "Yeah. Why? What has that got to do with anything?"

"No, it's just that I- um. I think I like you, but I know they wouldn't take it very well," he explains, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Who dared you to do this? Where are the cameras?" I look around the hallway, suspiciously, narrowing my eyes.

"No, no, no," the boy says quickly, as his eyes widen. "It's not like that, I genuinely want to spend more time with you."

I gape at they boy. Is he being serious?

"I don't even know you. We've had like a one sided conversation. Once. When I ran into you, and you told me to watch where I was going," I mention, pointing out the obvious issue.

"But it's not like that, Hazel. This is how all friendships start, okay. And also how things that are more than friendships start," he comments, slyly, and I can't help but feel flustered.

"Who even are you?" I insist, taking a step closer to him.

The boy pinches the bridge of his nose, in what seems like irritation, before replying. "I'm your brothers' best friend."

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for over 2400 reads (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3