sixty

I dramatically tense in my father's hold, as my heartbeat quickens uncomfortably. I don't know how I'm supposed to answer his questions. How am I supposed to tell him that his wife, who is the mother of his children, is dead, and it's all because of a single gunshot wound?

When I keep silent for a little too long, Noah interjects, letting out an unpleasant laugh, as his hands collide with the cell bars. "She's dead. That's why Hazel's in her brothers' custody. A simple gunshot wound was all it took us to subdue her."

A wave of anger passes over my father's face, as he jerks away from me, and lunges towards Noah's figure, which lazes gently against the bars.

Quickly, in fear, the teenage boy recoils, and wipes the invisible dust off his shoulder, as if it's tainting his image.

Noah throws my father a disgusted glare, and snarls at him like he's a rabid animal, and explains why he's locked up in a cage.

Slowly, my father's heavy breathing dies down, and his eyes widen in realization at what he's just done. Hesitantly, he moves away from the bars, and huddles back over to me, keeping his arms securely around my body.

Noah's eyes narrow in on my father's position, but he brushes it off, and begins walking away, much to my dismay.

As much as I don't want to be locked in a room, I have no strong desire to be kept inside a cell. The only thing that stops me from running up to the bars, and begging for my freedom, is my father, who I really want to bond with.

Finally, when Noah has disappeared up the stairs, and shut a door in the distance, I turn around to my father, and smile.

"Is what he said about her true?" He whispers nervously, as his face drains of colour.

I can't seem to form words, so instead, I end up just nodding my head.

My father gulps at my action, and his eyes dull a little bit, but there's nothing I can do.

It's already happened. I can't stop her from getting shot. The even occurred months ago. 

"It's okay, pumpkin. Everything will be alright," my father reassures me, as he kisses the top of my head lightly. "Your brothers will save us, and everything will be normal again, okay?"

"Okay," I quietly respond, nodding my head, and staring straight ahead, to where Noah left, only seconds ago.

Suddenly, a thought comes to my mind. "Do you think that he'll come back down? Or will he leave me down here?"

My question seems to startle my father, because he loudly clears his throat, before deciding to speak.

"I'm not really sure, Hazel. He doesn't come down here often," my father explains, seriously. "Like ever. This is the first time I've seen him all year."

I gasp at his words, and pray to whatever is above that we do not have to stay down here for the rest of our existences.

"But the boys will get us, right?" I question slowly, forcing saliva into my mouth, to help my sand paper throat.

"Of course they will, sweet girl," my father coos, placing another kiss on the crown of my head. "I'd give them a couple more days, at most, for them to come and save us."

I give my father a quizzical look, and tilt my head to the side. "But you've been missing for years, and they haven't been able to find you."

"That's right. You're a very smart girl. But no, you were clever enough to leave a trail of clues. From what I know, you told someone about Noah, and what he has done to you. And the boys know what to look for. We'll be fine. If anything, we will get front row seats to the show." My father flashes me a bright smile.

"They will find us," I whisper more to myself than anyone else.

My brothers have to, otherwise, I'll rot down here, and die after my father does.

Matteo Point Of View:

Hazel has been missing for four days now. But I wouldn't really call it missing. We know exactly where she is, and what is happening to her.

Currently, we are aware of the fact, that Noah hasn't laid a hand on her in a disgusting way. We have eyes from the inside.

They boys have been very concerned. They're not going to school right now, because we're planning to invade the Russian's before tomorrow, and that needs a solid plan.

We're all huddled around a circular table, with spreadsheets lining the surface of the space. My brothers, me, and one of the boy's friends, Adrian is here.

He's been desperate to start training in the mafia, because he grew up with us, but we have been hesitant to let him in, because he's still very young.

My heart twitches, as he reminds me of my little sister.

She was so stubborn and begged her way into the mafia. None of my words seemed to matter to her. 

That's one of my sister's favourite qualities. 

If I had knowledge of her being hurt, I wouldn't hesitate before rushing into the Russian's headquarters, and taking her away.

But that's not the situation, so we have to buy our time, and make sure that she gets out unharmed, and we get new information.

Right now, we are all still recovering from the sad news. We're hurt that Hazel didn't tell us about the assault, stalking and creepy messages, but since she's getting older, she does deserve more privacy.

After all of this, though, I'm not sure. I just want my little sister to come home in my arms, feeling safe. 

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 47200 reads and over 1k votes- 1952. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3