twenty three

The rest of my detention was gruelingly long, and I was happy to leave when the clock chimed at 4 pm. Levi grabbed his coat, before leading me to his car, where Chase and Charlie were waiting.

"I think you guys forgot about us," Charlie says bitterly, leaning against the hood of the car.

"Yeah, we've been waiting here forever," Chase exaggerates, throwing his hands in the air, for extra emphasis.

"I'm sorry boys, but Ze just finished her detention, and there was no way I was going to let her out early. Ze may be our sister, but there's no special treatment in class," Levi apologizes, unlocking the car. 

"What about when you helped me for a whole lesson when there were other students in the class who needed your help," I cough, climbing into the backseat of the car.

"Don't be dramatic, Hazel," Levi scoffs, positioning himself in the driver's seat, "no one but you needed my help. The task was simple."

I cross my arms over my chest, and pout to myself, as we fly out of the school carpark. I watch the scenery carefully, knowing that Matteo's going to question our tardiness.

Levi must read my concern because he starts speaking. "When we get home, you two will go up to your rooms, and Ze and I will talk to Matteo, explaining the events that just went down."

I nod my head, as do my other brothers, and before I know it, silence has taken over the air again. 

Soon, (too soon for my liking) we pull up to the driveway of our house, as everyone unbuckles their seatbelts.

I'm the last person to get out of the car, and Levi has to take my hand, as I trudge behind the rest of my brothers. 

Matteo is waiting at the garage door, with a stern expression plastered across his face.

"I was about to send a search party after you guys," our oldest brother says, pointedly, placing his hands on his hips. 

"You didn't even contact us, brother. A simple text would have sufficed," Levi jokes, leading us into the main part of the house. 

Chase and Charlie silently sneak off, towards the stairs. which go to their rooms. 

"Where do you 2 think you're going?" Matteo interrogates, trying to follow them, but Levi catches his arm before our brother can protest.

"I told them to, and our lateness has nothing to do with them. We're lucky they didn't decide to walk home," Levi explains, sitting down on a sofa, and gesturing for us to follow. 

I sit on my favourite white armchair, while Matteo makes himself at home on the largest sofa. 

"As you know, we came home late," Levi states the obvious, pressing his hands together.

Matteo just nods his head, at the stupid observation.

"That's because Ze had a detention."

I look at my third oldest brother as if he has three heads. Is that Levi's idea of explaining things thoroughly?

"What fucked up teacher would give you detention? I thought you were an angel during school, Hazel," Matteo voices, sounding disappointed. 

"I-how- it's- uhh," I stutter, appalled. "Levi gave me a detention."

I point my finger at my brother, trying to accuse him, of our tardiness, but he only chuckles at my antics.

"Well Levi, would you like to explain why Hazel was given a detention," Matteo says, however, his tone is light. Almost playful.

"She came into my class late, and I have no tolerance for unorganisation since that's how we're raised in this house," Levi turns the entire ordeal on me as if this situation is completely my fault. 

"But I wasn't raised in this house," I utter loudly, not meeting my brothers' eyes. 

Suddenly, the front door opens, and I hear a bellowing yell. "Hello, family."

Of course, the only person who is brave enough to shout, while in the presence of Matteo, is Axel.

"Where are you bitches? I'm lonely out here?" He shouts from the kitchen.

"We're in the living room," Levi says loudly, and pattering footsteps follow his words.

Axel stops at the doorframe, asserting the situation, before laughing like a dog. 

"What has she done?" My second oldest brother shrieks, holding his stomach as if someone just told him a life changing joke.

"She got a detention, and ended up fighting a girl," Levi briefly explains, and Axel's laughter abruptly stops. 

"You didn't mention the fight," Matteo says lowly, and his eyes significantly darken.

"Who was it?" Axel growls, sounding like an animal. He looks at me, with an emotion I can't read. Is it protectiveness? Worry? 

"Her name's Sierra. She's a little bitch that dresses up in high heels, and cakes her face in make up. There's no point for her to wear clothes, because they leave nothing to the imagination," I say, using my arms to make aggressive gestures.

"We'll be pressing charges," Matteo decides, looking at me for any serious injuries.

"She came off worse in the fight," I shrug my shoulders, suddenly feeling a sense of pride, knowing that I have lived up to my new last name. 

I think that this officially makes me a Bolivi.

"Just go get cleaned up, Hazel. Axel, Levi, and I will talk about your punishment," Matteo says, pinching the bridge of his nose, in irritation, and annoyance. 

"But you and Axel weren't even there, and Levi already gave me a detention," I whine, brattily, standing my ground against these silly mafia boys. 

"Don't make me tell you again, little girl," Matteo demands, showing his authority.

"Fine," I grumble under my breath, stomping up to my bedroom.

Misogynistic assholes. 

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 3400 reads (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3