seventy four

For the last day, I have worked tirelessly on the project I was given. I was surprised at how well Sierra was able to cover up her tracks, but I wouldn't expect anything less from a mafia woman.

Since I have been working so hard, everyone else around me has unfortunately had to suffer the consequences. I've been moody and unresponsive. 

My desperation to find this little wrench is beginning to impact my relationships with people, which is not what I want.

I've opened up to Adrian about it, while we were on a facetime call. At the same time though, I was following a new lead of information about where Sierra could possibly be.

In the mean time, I have been told that my brothers and father are going hard against Fletcher and Noah, but don't plan on killing them any time soon.

On top of that, the men who are responsible for killing my mother have been traced down, and are starting to receive their deserved punishments.

I often think about my mother. I hope that she would approve of what I'm doing. From what I know, she ran away from the violence, and dangerous mafia lifestyle, only for her to be killed, and me to be dragged back into it.

She'd dead though, so I try not to overthink everything. I'm content with how my life is right now.

I rub my temples aggressively as I squint against the brightness on my computer screen. My bedroom light is switched off, and it is late on a Wednesday night, meaning I have just under four days to present Sierra's location to my family, before they hand the project over to someone else, and I am considered as a failure.

But that will not happen if I have anything to say about it.

So far, I have broken through many more security cameras, and accessed footage that my brothers couldn't get a hold of.

She's skipped the state, and has gone to New Jersey.

To be honest I'm not surprised, but the move is quite predictable. Luckily for her, there are many people around the space she is, and it's hard to discover what mutual connection she's staying with.

I've found out that she's residing in an apartment, though. Level three, from what my resources say.

That doesn't specify anything for me though. If she was on level twenty eight that might have helped, but there are hundreds of level three apartment blocks in New Jersey.

I decide to take a break. In the past few hours, I've narrowed down the apartment blocks to around one hundred and fifty, but it's not enough yet.

I stand up from my bed on unstable legs, because I've been hunched over with crossed legs all day.

I head downstairs, stumbling down the steps as I go, quietly cursing to myself in frustration.

Work with me legs! 

I see my brothers and my father gathered around the table, talking to one and other in hushed whispers, because realizing my appearance. Instantly, they stop talking, and all turn to look at me, like they've just seen a ghost from the past.

"Ze, you're here," Levi exclaims loudly, like it is a crazy surprise.

"I am," I proudly admit with a smirk on my face, falling into the free seat next to my father. "What have I missed pops?"

My father rolls my eyes at my attitude but refuses to say anything, and instead just fills me in. "We have a lot of bad people in the basement right now. I'm interested in getting information out of all of them, but right now, I'm just looking for the final piece. The girl. Sarah, or Zara or whatever her name was."

My father casually dismisses Sierra's name, like it doesn't matter.

"We're hoping to push forward the date by a couple of days. I know that Matteo and I said that it would be due on Sunday night, but her location is becoming more and more important. The girl seems to be a lot of the bad people's weakness, and when we get our hands on her, they will all crumble beneath our fingertips." My father says these words as if he's not planning on using Sierra for leverage.

A deep frown adorns my face, and I think about what he has said.

By pushing the day forward it gives me a lot less time to find out everything about Sierra.

I was planning on creating an entire portfolio to impress my brothers and father, but now, I'm just hoping to complete the bare minimum.

I originally hoped to find a folder and write her name on it. Inside the covers would be a mind map/ brainstorm with a detailed key for what each highlighted part would be about.

I'd include background information on her, as well as friendships, grades, other possible places she could be, and her crimes.

But now, that entire idea has been crushed up into hundreds of thousands of little pieces.

I nod my head at my father's words, as I try to process them. My mouth is dry, and I try to clear it a couple of times to get my voice back.

I make eye contact with my father, whose eyes are so similar to mine. "When are you hoping for the project to be complete then?"

The question rolls off my tongue before I can stop it, so I wait in silence for it to be answered.

"I know that it's a lot sooner than we expected, but desperate times call for desperate measures," my father awkwardly says. "We're hoping by tomorrow night." 

What the literal fuck.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 73400 reads and 2840 votes - (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3