forty six

I go to bed and pretend that a stalker message directed towards me doesn't exist. However, it's not the message itself that is bothering me. Rather the photos which are attached to it.

For all I know, the messages are included in spam. But the creepy photos that occupy each message allow uncomfortable goosebumps to run up the back of my neck. 

Throughout most of the night, I was tossing and turning, silently discussing with myself what would be the best plan of action.

Despite needing to tell someone, I couldn't bring myself to do it, especially if that someone would be one of my brothers.

When I woke up the next morning, the lump in my throat reappeared, at the prospect of having to face my challenges, instead of sleep away, instead.

I hauled my iPhone out of the bedside table, and switch it on, before re- reading the previous message, that my 'stalker sent to me last night.'

Not only does it make me feel uncomfortable, but it ruins my mood. 

After a quiet debate with myself, I come to the conclusion that I'll tell Adrian, since I know from previous experiences that he won't share my private information with anyone. 

I open up his contact, and my finger hovers over the keyboard, as I begin to want to type. But something holds me back. 

A small urge within me, says that maybe this isn't right, and I should keep my problems to myself.

But what if someone gets hurt? That someone being me. Then how will anyone know who did it? 

But I don't want to endanger Adrian in any way, by getting him beat up, or something.

Adrian can handle himself though. He plays lots of sports, and grew up with my brothers, who are rough, and tough. 

They might help him, if he gets himself in to trouble.

But I quickly erase the thought from my mind, knowing that I can't be the reason my brothers have to patch the guy I'm talking to, back up. 

I shut off my phone, and throw it on my bed, as I begin to get ready for the day. I look out my bedroom window, and notice that the sun is up, and there's no sign of any rain clouds, or unpleasant weather.

I smile at this, and put on a blue 1989 t-shirt. Then I pair this with black yoga pants, and my usual white air force. 

I brush my hair, and frame it, so it lays placidly behind my shoulders. Then I add a small amount of makeup, which consists of mascara, lip gloss, and concealer, before I call it a day. 

With my phone in hand, I stroll down the several flights of stairs, and plaster a fake smile across my face, to reassure everyone that I'm perfectly fine. But I'm not.

On the inside, I know far too well, that I've waited long enough to tell someone about what's happening. However, my brothers aren't the people I aspire to be telling.

Knowing them, they'll do something impulsive, and jeopardies all of us, as well as their reputations. 

So, instead of acting like I have a like threatening situation happening inside of my head, right now, I pretend that everything's okay, so no one assumes anything bad has happened. 

I'm greeted by a bunch of automatic hellos from my brothers, and as the polite person I am, I casually respond to each and every one of their greetings, with a small 'hi.'

This seems to satisfy them enough, because all of my brothers go back to what they were previously doing, which is eating. 

I scoff quietly at them, for the immature tactics, but push the topic away, and get myself some breakfast. 

I end up deciding on cereal, which is so basic, but I couldn't care less. Right now, I just need something in my system so I can function, and make proper choices, without collapsing to the floor because I haven't eaten in over a day.

I inhale the food, as if it is nothing more than a crumb, and lick my lips in satisfaction. Each of my brothers look at me with a slightly different expression.

Matteo looks neutral as always. 

Axel is frowning slightly, but I can tell it's because he's trying to suppress a large smile. 

Levi looks flabbergasted, and the emotion clouds his entire expression, which makes me want to giggle.

Charlie laughs loudly at m guilty face, and begins to turn red in the process.

Chase on the other hand looks very impressed and proud at my antics. 

"What's wrong guys? Don't we have to go to school soon?" I ask, addressing my three youngest brothers, with a raised eyebrow. 

"Yeah, yeah... you're right," Levi says, shaking his head, to try and get rid of the thought.

Me, Charlie, Chase, Levi all load into the car, and the oldest of us begins driving to school, at a pace faster than Usain Bolt. 

When we get out of the car, I touch the grass gratefully, and mutter some sort of prayer, to whoever is above, for letting me stay safe, and not die at the hands of Levi driving.

Once I have finished this, I begin to weave my way into school, looking around for the tall senior named Adrian.

His head sticks out from the rest of the people and I instantly race over to him, embracing the boy in a tight hug, which he quickly returns.

A question falls from his lips, and I knew it would come straight away, but a small part of me doesn't want to answer. "What's going on, Ze?"

"I think I need to tell you something..."

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 26600 reads and over 1k votes- 1258. (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3