4. I Don't Care If He's a Monster

She was confused.

If the legend of the royal family was true, then Namgil should also have the characteristics of a dragon in her final battle with him, but he still maintained human form even after she had cut off one of his arms. If the royal family really did have the blood of the dragon, there was no reason to hide it. Rather than being treated with scorn and contempt, the emperor would surely be feared as a god. Other countries wouldn't dare challenge the power of the Rufford Empire.

'...Why?'

Why would he have to hide it? Why didn't Namgil appear like a dragon in her past life, but Crown Prince Jungkook did? Or perhaps...

Or perhaps he wasn't part dragon, but was a monster instead. Many strange rumors had festered because the crown prince never made an appearance. Lalisa stood frozen as she took in the scene.

Slash!

One of the enemy knight's swords cut the crown prince's side. As a fountain of blood spurted from the wound Lalisaquicky came to her senses.

'I don't care what the crown prince really is. He's the first in succession to the throne, even if he is a monster.'

None of this changed her plans. Now she was more curious than surprised by the prince, but this was not the time to think about it. She would dig up the secrets of the royal family later. At this moment, saving Prince Jungkook was her top priority. Her past self would have easily gone toe-to-toe with the assassins, but she couldn't do so in this condition.

'What should I do?'

She quickly looked around and saw some small explosives in the arms of the dead bodies. Apparently the assassins had the intention to commit suicide as a last resort to take down the prince. There were also as many horses wandering around as there were bodies lying on the floor.

"...All right."

Lalisa moved quickly with determination. She collected several small explosives from some of the bodies and picked up a crossbow lying on the ground. She was better with a normal bow, but it took more much effort to pull a bow repeatedly and she wasn't sure how many arrows she could fire at her current strength. The crossbow's trigger launch was a more suitable weapon for her now. Although it wasn't a familiar weapon, Lalisa had never missed a target in her previous life.

"Haaa!"

With a crossbow in her hand, Lalisa began to ride her horse towards Jungkook. At the same time, she threw some of the small explosives she had collected.

They landed on the explosives in the arms of the dead assassins, causing a chain reaction that led to a larger explosion. The loud noise caused the assassins attacking Jungkook to scatter.

"What's going on?"

"I'll go and find out."

The carefully coordinated assassins were quick to react, but they could not hide their shock at the sound of galloping from all sides. It was the sound of horses running wild at the sound of explosives and the resulting fire. Because of the small stampede the assassins couldn't even guess who was coming from which direction. Just then there was a loud cry.

"Save the Crown Prince!"

At the same time, three arrows shot through the smoke created from the flames and penetrated the hearts of the assassins.

"The enemy!"

"The prince's backup has come!"

The sound of horses' hooves thundered around them as the thick smoke obscured their vision. Through the chaos she finally found a gap between the assassins.