117. It Will Be Fun From Now On

Namjoon took stock of his team members. The total number of people in his group, including himself, was fifteen. Unfortunately, the group was largely made up of support archers than defended from behind, rather than offensive knights who attacked at the front lines. Any direct clash would leave them vulnerable.

The man next to him spoke.

"I wonder which group is going up against ours? I hope the teams will be as similar as possible."

Namjoon inwardly agreed that it would be easier if they went up against a team of defensive knights as well. They had to avoid an aggressive one as much as possible, as a frontal assault would be difficult for them to cope with.

The host spoke with a booming voice again.

"All the knights have been drawn. Now we will choose which groups will face each other."

The drawings started, and a thrill of anticipation shivered through all the knights. Group three's match up quickly came.

"Group three will face...oh, group six!"

At the host's words, Namjoon's eyes turned towards group six. Then suddenly, his face darkened.

'...No luck.'

Group six was a powerful team full of muscular knights. This was the last thing Namjoon wanted. He gave an involuntary sigh, then looked back at his team members with calculating eyes.

'Including me, we only have four offensive knights.'

Group six, on the contrary, group six had at least ten of them.

"It'll be hard with group six as our opponents."

Indeed, it was the worst match up anyone could think of, as if lady luck had completely turned its back on them. This was the last game right before the one-on-one battles, and one could not afford to be injured here.

Namjoon remained quiet as he assessed the situation. There were only four offensive knights on his side that had to deal with other group's ten. Group three was mostly made up of long distance support archers, so they could only hold an advantage of group six was as far away as possible. His team would crumble if group six managed to close the distance. Therefor, the key was to keep group six as far away as possible.

Namjoon addressed his team members.

"We haven't fought yet, so let's not lose our morale yet."

One of the knights answered with a slightly hopeful look.

"So you're saying there's a chance?"

"I have a plan, but I'm not sure how effective it would be. But now that we're here, shouldn't we do our best?"

Everyone nodded at his words. While the combination of knights in group three wasn't favorable, none of them took a negative attitude about their situation.

Namjoon looked on at the group in satisfaction. No matter how skilled a team's members were, it would collapse quickly if they all didn't work together. He continued to speak carefully to his group.

"If anyone else doesn't have another opinion, then I'll tell you my plan."

The men gathered around him, and Namjoon used a branch to draw their movements and explain his strategy with as much detail as possible. As he and his members huddled in concentration, the matches between groups one and four, and two and eight were held.

Group eight had Lord Joel from Lunen, and they won an overwhelming victory for their team. At the moment, that made Joel the only knight to have a perfect score in all the categories, and was the only one guaranteed to move on to the final rounds.