51. She Wanted to Protect Him

The man outside the door yelled again.

"Why is this door locked? Who's in there?"

"I-it is a valuable guest of the Crown Prince."

"Open it."

Roseanne heard the sound of solid metal striking the door handle. She tried to stay as calm as possible. Her heart thrummed in her ribcage, but being nervous wouldn't help. The first thought in her head was, "How would I get past this situation if I were Lisa?"

There was no time to hesitate. Roseanne quickly closed the window where Jimin had entered and pulled off the outer dress she was wearing. Jimin's ash grey eyes trembled at her unexpected behavior. Roseanne helped the fallen Jimin into the bathtub full of petals.

Jimin grimaced as the water touched his wound, but he couldn't afford to care about such things now.

"Be patient if you don't want to get caught."

Jimin's expression seemed to change at her fierce determination. As Jimin's weight was added to the bathtub, the water sloshed over the tub and washed the blood off the floor. That wasn't enough, however, so Roseanne quickly took a handful of red petals from the basket and scattered them on the ground.

The sound rang louder than before, and Roseanne closed her eyes tightly and took off her chemise.

Suddenly, the door flung open and several angry men burst inside. Roseanne covered her chest with her hands and looked at them with her eyes wide open. Her rear was completely exposed, and the men were forced to turn their heads quickly.

"Kyaaaa! Get out of here now!"

She screamed loudly, hunching to protect her body. It was disgraceful that a noblewoman's body be exposed to an utter stranger. The men exchanged glances quickly, then exited the bathroom and slammed the door shut. Then one of the men spoke in an urgent voice.

"Please dress yourself, My Lady. We have a mission to search this place–"

However, there was another commotion before he could finish. There was the sound of dozens of footsteps and the voices of other men.

"Who are you? Did you all break in here knowing where you are?"

"We came under the orders of Her Majesty."

"Ha. Even so, you must be bold to come here without the permission of the Crown Prince. "

"What?"

Roseanne crept silently towards the door and listened closely. She heard someone pulling out their sword. Though she could not see it with her own eyes, it seemed that someone was about to be cut down.

Roseanne could not hide Jimin if they came into the bathroom. The previous solution was only temporary. She swallowed nervously.

"Stop! We will leave. But the Crown Prince will have to explain this himself."

"You'll have to explain why you trespassed."

"...Let's go."

Finally, she heard the sound of footsteps walking away. As she was listening, the frightened maids hurried back towards the bathroom door.

"Oh my word, are you alright?"

Roseanne quickly barred the maids from entering through door.

"P-please don't come inside. I don't want anyone to see me like this."

"I'm sorry, My Lady. Would you like me to call Lady Blaise next door?"

"No, she won't sit still if she finds out about all this commotion. I'll tell her myself tomorrow."