You have an argument before going to bed

Pairing: Taylor Swift x (female) reader Warnings: None Requested: No

Warnings: None
Requested: No

***
You knew that Taylor would be coming home from a long day while in the meantime, you both had planned for a stay at home date for when she returns.

Unfortunately, things take a whole different turn in events when Taylor comes home later than she had promised hours earlier, causing her to miss out on your date. Now with Taylor's favorite meal sitting on the table to where you were waiting for her return, got colder every minute she didn't show. You eventually had no choice but to throw the meal away after your patience had been tested nearly to the next level, a meal you worked the hardest by putting all the effort and what you got it together just for your girlfriend.

When the stale food hit the bottom of the garbage can, that was when you had been convinced the meal had turned to stone. Once you had that taken care of, you scamper to the living room and put on "Friends" while waiting for Taylor to come home. As you were sitting on the soft sofas, you couldn't help but worry if Taylor would be upset to see you upset that she missed your date. The thing was, this event didn't make you love her any less, you were a little disappointed but you were more worried of her when you didn't get any single way of communicating. The worry grew until it was enough to burn at the pit of your stomach. As you were just starting a new episode, it's nearly midnight when you hear Taylor finally coming home.

You let out a sigh of unbelievable relief before getting up to greet her with a warm embrace, than by asking her details of what made her late coming home. It was a question you almost regret asking as she started becoming more snippy at you rather than being happy to be home with you. After the question was out, you were slightly startled by how quickly Taylor turns to you while scowling in anger, which also had you slightly stepping backwards a little.

"Let's not do this right now, (Y/n)!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Are you dead?! I said not now!"

"Of course not! I was just worried about you is all! I mean, you missed our date!"

Taylor scoffs like the subject of missing a date with you was the least important thing to discuss with you at all.

Taylor tried turning away, but you were quick to take her hand, stopping her from going anywhere.

"I'm not mad, I was just worried!"

"So?"

"So, can we at least watch a movie before calling it a night?"

"Fine.. I guess."

It was obvious that Taylor didn't want to, and you felt defeated in this pointless argument.

"Taylor, I haven't seen you all day and I've just have been missing you."

"I said it's fine, (Y/n)!" Taylor snaps again.

That left you shaking your head in disbelief, in disappointment before making a decision.

"Never mind, Taylor. We can decide on this later, I'm going to bed."

Taylor watches as you enter the guest room before shutting the door and locking it from behind before diving on the bed, burying your face in the pillows.

Taylor couldn't shake the guilt that was building on her shoulders, weighing her down with sorrow and regret. Hearing the sound of the door locking behind you had Taylor realizing how messed up things were now because of her. She hated arguing with you, especially if it was before going to bed and that was mainly because neither of you could sleep without each other. After repeated debating on what she should do, she gives into the idea of knocking softly on the door. You nearly cried yourself to sleep, so when the knock came, it startled you awake by the sound of Taylor's voice, asking to come in.

"(Y/n)?"

Taylor stoops to listen on the other side of the door, hearing quiet sobs that made her heart shatter and sink, even more so knowing she was the cause of those tears.

That brought more guilt on her shoulders like never before, more guilt she already had after watching you walk into another room that wasn't accompanied by either of you. With no answer still, Taylor tries again to coax you into letting her inside.

"(Y/n), sweetheart... can you please open the door?"

Hearing her plea is what got you up and convinced to allow her inside. When you open the door, you open it to see Taylor standing there with only a guilty expression.

You open the door the rest of the way to make more room for her to fit through. While you were looking to her, Taylor noticed your glistening, glossy eyes. Not wanting Taylor to see that, your eyes quickly shift away to a different direction. The two of you remained quiet as you walk back over to the bed, you landing on the same spot from before, you than feel the mattress dip beside you as it was an indication Taylor was now there beside you, hoping to make things right again. It's still noticeably silent when you feel Taylor's gentle touch from her hand being placed on the back of you, now rubbing soothing circles to prevent a possible panic attack from occurring.

It's still silent before Taylor finds the words to speak.

"(Y/n), can we talk?"

"I don't know what to say, Taylor. I really don't." your voice was hoarse from crying.

"That's alright, I'll talk and you can listen. Okay?" you nod in agreement.

You were taken by surprise when you feel Taylor gently pulling you onto lap, wiping your tears away which wasn't easy knowing she was the cause of it.

"Listen baby..." Taylor starts, before hugging you close.

"I'm so sorry for lashing out at you like that.  It's just been a long day, difficult in some parts of it as well. But that doesn't excuse the fact I had taken my frustration out on you the way I did. There are truly no words that can describe just how sorry I am, my love. Do you think you can forgive me?"

Taylor's apologies have always been sincere, of course you can forgive her. Before using words, you slowly nod your head against her chest, that having Taylor's heart flutter with happiness.

"Of course I can, Tay." you say, but I'm a hushed tone voice.

Though you couldn't see it, you knew that she was smiling, the smile on your lips coming to be knowing that everything is back on tack of your relationship.

"Thank you, baby. I love you, (Y/n). I love you so, so much."

"I love you the most, Taylor."

Taylor than quickly gets an idea in mind, the only idea she could think of in attempt to try to make it up to you, after what took place moments ago to make things right.

"How about that movie? Does that sound good to you, still?"

You smile and nod, earning a smile from Taylor before she makes another suggestion.

"Why don't you pick out the movie you'd like for us to watch together while I make popcorn and gather up a few snacks?"

"Deal!"

You than pick out a movie, and the both of you did exactly that, falling asleep in each other's arms.

No broken promises this time.

***
Requests are open!!!