You clean up after a storm hits

Pairing: Taylor Swift x (female) reader Warnings: None Requested by: taylorsparis

Warnings: None
Requested by: taylorsparis

***
The last thing in the world you wanted to do was to clean up basically anything.

But for this being a public service for you and Taylor as well as the public itself, it's become more acceptable to you and agreed to help clean up after a devastating storm rips through the neighborhood and your own home. It all started when you and Taylor woken to the sound of a very loud alarm blaring from your phones and from far away. You were both currently living in your Nashville home and the cause of these alarms was for a tornado warning.

This wouldn't be the first time going through one of these, usually it's always ending with strong high winds but this time would be different. The both of you wouldn't see to it and find out until the next morning when the storm finally lets up and is safe to step foot in your own yards. Taylor was the first to wake, and when you seem to be sleeping through the alarm, Taylor shakes you awake before following her to take shelter. Neither of you let yourselves worry too much, falling asleep on each other on the bathroom floor, waking up to having been cradled in her lap before going to check things out.

Once the two of you stepped outside, you realize everyone else had the same idea and followed everyone's eyes as you looked around at the mess in unison. It was more devastating than either of you could comprehend; your home along with a few others was left untouched aside from a destroyed back and front yard. Trees were toppled down on top of cars, branches, garbage and basically everything else had been flooded when the tornado had come ripping through. Taylor was the first to start to lead everyone on the road to recovery as a result in the aftermath. After following your girlfriend in her footsteps, everyone else soon followed and did their part in this.

The important thing was that everyone did their part to pick up where you had left off, and soon the neighborhood/town was rebuilt, looking as though it was never touched. It wasn't at all as beautiful as you had remembered it before.

It was even more beautiful.

***
Requests are open!!!