You storm off after an argument

Pairing: Taylor Swift  x (female) reader Warnings: None Requested: No

Warnings: None
Requested: No

***
It was never Taylor's intention to pick you as a personal target to lash out on because of a bad day left behind.

Just because it was a bad day, that was no excuse for the way she pained you with some strong words and what you thought to be her inner thoughts keeping safe. However, Taylor seemed to be a little on edge the last few days from working so hard on the Speak Now album (Taylor's version) and although Taylor loved what she does, she can't deny the fact that it gets a little frustrating at times and that causes her stress.

One night, Taylor comes home later than the time she promised to be home by. You waited and waited until you finally hear the doorknob to the heavy front door of the home click and turn. Taylor was home, thank goodness! You couldn't recall on a other time worry had hit you so much as it does now. You waste no time in approaching your girlfriend, but stop when you look at her in the eyes, just as you were about to embrace her she surprisingly becomes unstuck and begins lashing. It was almost nerve wracking when Taylor glances over your shoulder spotting the messy kitchen behind your back. A look you've never seen before comes across her face as she becomes harsher with each word spoken.

"Is it really so hard for you to help out in keeping the house clean? You never lift a single finger and I'm getting tired of it!"

"Taylor, I was just worried about you, that's all. You didn't return any of my phone calls or text messages and both alone would have only taken you two seconds, three seconds at the most to do the right thing by giving me a response."

"Well, don't worry about me! Just worry about the pigsty the house is in! It would have been great to come home to a clean home and my girlfriend not being so lazy. You do literally nothing to help, all you do is sit around all damn day doing your own thing before deciding when you should get the house clean!"

"For your information, Taylor, I had spent a couple of hours doing housework. You're just too blind right now to notice."

"Pity..." Taylor trails off before you could say anything else.

After hearing the door to your shared bedroom slam shut with such a noise, a noise that could very possibly wake the dead.

Once she was gone, you stood there for a few minutes, having the idea of giving your girlfriend a taste of her own medicine. You quietly walked around to grab your keys, trying hard to not bring any attention to yourself as you walked out the door as quietly as you could. There was no specific location to where you were headed once buckled in, at that point, it was just you and your thoughts alone with no other real company. As you were about to head back, Taylor begins to call you constantly, sending you text messages asking where you had gone. Of course, you ignored them but didn't ignore them completely.

You both had the iPhone 12 mini which means it can clearly show you if a text message has been read or not. To add a little tension, you open your phone to let Taylor know you are aware of her texts and calls, but didn't respond as she had done to you earlier. It was dark out and you were stupidly driving through a scary part of town, but you ignored the fear and kept going. When your phone chimed a text message from Taylor, you again opened it and decided to play a game with her before actually coming home. Pulling up for your iphone camera, you took a picture of the area you were in. In the picture, it showed homeless people getting ready to turn in for the night with nothing but old blankets and each other, along with the pavement.

Taylor sends you another text.

"Where are you?!"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" you say back.

That was the first message you sent since the whole thing started and you were going to win this petty little argument, an argument that was about nothing at all now.

Taylor just wanted you home so she no longer had to worry for your safety, or for her to have herself sit and wonder if you were ever going to come home.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Taylor says.

That's when you send her the photo of the homeless, informing her that you were on the scary part of town all on your own. It only made Taylor worry even more, she was about to grab her keys after demanding you to get out of the danger you possibly could be facing, get out now before it's too late.

Knowing you were alone didn't make Taylor feel any better, as she was nearing the door to go out and find you herself, she stopped when you had messaged her back.

"Don't come looking for me here, I'm in my home right now."

Taylor sighs with relief when she got that message, but even though you had turned around to come home, nothing was going to stop her from confronting you about that risky stunt.

You walk in, Taylor standing up from sitting on the black leather sofa with her arms folded and a look that said you were in for it now. But you didn't care, you just wanted to put Taylor in your shoes to know what you felt earlier as it was happening to you.

"Do you not understand how much you made me worry?! You can take off like that, (Y/n)! I thought I'd lost you!"

You listen intently before speaking words of your own, unpleasant but words that needed to be said.

"See? Now you know how I felt when you wouldn't answer my calls or messages!"

Taylor had gone silent, knowing you were right that she didn't have ignore you trying to reach her.

"You're right, (Y/n). I'm so sorry about earlier, I never meant to lash out at you like that."

"It's alright."

"No, no it's not."

Taylor looks up at you, seeing how tired you looked, she told you to go ahead and get some rest.

You agree and gesture for her to follow to your shared room, only to have Taylor shake her head before informing she brought some of her work home that she wanted to mess around with before calling it a night. Just before taking a step ahead to your shared room, Taylor pulls you in for a hug from behind while quietly apologizing in your ear before letting you go free.

Of course you forgive her, you don't know where else you'd be other than lost, without having her by your side. You wanted her by your side forever and always. That's what mattered to you both the most, that you had each other.

You were each other's world.

***
Requests are open!!!