You try telling her you're sick and doesn't believe you

Pairing: Taylor Swift x (female) reader Warnings: None Requested: No

Warnings: None
Requested: No

***
You couldn't come and accept the terms of Taylor not believing you while trying to tell her how you were feeling.

"You coming?" She yelled for you, you were still in bed and could hardly move because of how awful you felt health wise.

Before you could respond, you hear her footsteps coming their way to you, you watch as Taylor's eyes slightly darkened. This wasn't going to be good, you often considered moments like these as bloodbaths because of how ugly they make out to be in the end.

Taylor was your girlfriend, and you tried your absolute best to be there for her but you couldn't be this time.

"You can't even get yourself up?" Taylor says.

"I'm not feeling the greatest, I don't think I'll be able to make it to this one, Taylor. I'm sorry."

"Are you telling me you're sick again?" Taylor asks in a stern tone.

You could only nod at this point, with how pale you truly looked, it would have been obvious for anyone to figure out you were sick.

"Since when are you never sick?" Taylor snaps, catching you off guard.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, why is it every time an event comes up, you're too sick to go to any of them!"

"What are you saying? Do you think I'm faking or something?!"

"Yes! That's exactly what I think, don't try to deny the fact you just don't want to go anywhere!"

If Taylor really thought of you that way, a liar, let alone a faker, then you wanted to prove her wrong, which would be risking your health. It was a sacrifice you were willing to make if it meant something to Taylor.

This part is usually not written in love stories, but it's clear now that it was going to be a line written in the one you had with Taylor. You hated it, but you loved her so much that you were willing to do anything that may portray of you being the perfect girlfriend. Slowly, you pull yourself out of bed, a place where you longed to remain in, but you were doing this for Taylor. That's the thought that was currently crossing in your mind that never planned on leaving because your mind knows you don't want to disappoint Taylor. Taylor was waiting for you downstairs, while wondering what was taking you so long. You were applying makeup on before dressing yourself as if you belong anywhere you desired to go.

People would judge you a little to harshly about it without even taking the time to get to know you first. When you were ready to go, you made your way down the stairs with one hand clutched to the railing and the other balancing on the bare wall. Nearly at the bottom, you catch Taylor roll her eyes in frustration before taking the final step. Once again, Taylor was believing this was all an act for you to try and get out of things you didn't want to get involved in. Instead of checking in on your well-being, Taylor scolded you for it.

"This has to stop, something's got to change." She muttered.

Nothing became more of it as you said nothing, just simply pretending you didn't hear what she had just said.

Taylor had called a limo to stop by and pick you both up, it was Selena's birthday and a party had been planned without her knowledge. You took in a big part of helping Taylor and some other close friends to plan it and as for your plan in taking care of yourself to the end, you were going to fake it until you made it, until you and Taylor could go home that night. Most of the ride was silent, Taylor making small talk with you didn't work well so she spoke to the driver basically until you got there. Once you got there, you waited as Taylor stepped out, she would usually go around and open the door for you, taking your hand to help you out before shutting the door. But not this time, Taylor walked around and knocked on your window, causing you to jump in slight fright looking over at her as she gestured with her hand for you to follow.

You got out and shut the door yourself before trying to catch up to Taylor. The first two be greeted by was Hayley Williams and Olivia Rodrigo. They were the first there and made sure everything was ready for when Selena comes home. The next people to show up was Emma Stone, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, Miley and lastly, Ariana Grande. You didn't start talking to anybody until Emma approaches and taps you on the shoulder, and after examining your appearance, she begins pointing out that you looked as though you were not feeling well.

"Hey, (Y/n)! How are you?"

"I'm doing great, how about yourself?"

Before responding, she took a closer look at you, and that's when you knew that you must have looked worse than you had thought.

"You aren't looking so hot, are you feeling alright?" She asked with concern.

Rather than just being honest, you told her that you were just getting over a cold. She seemed convinced but when she started walking towards Taylor, you quickly turned away as if you were looking for someone.

Throughout the party, you started feeling queezy and nauseous. It didn't get any better so you sat out and tried to keep yourself from dozing off. You watched as everyone seemed to be having the time of their lives while you sat out on a swing that was shaded on the patio. It was difficult to keep from dozing, but Selena took notice and mentioned it to Taylor and when she did, Taylor looks over at you and sees how pale you were and agrees that maybe taking you home to get some rest was the best idea. When she brought up the idea, you protested, trying to reassure you were fine and just a little tired is all.

Not long after you agreed, Taylor calls the limo back to take you back home. On your way home, Taylor kept apologizing for not believing you.

"It's okay." you say.

"No it's not, (Y/n). You were sick before and because I chose not to believe you, you got even more sick than before."

While you continue home, Taylor takes care of you and holds you close.

You don't remember falling asleep, but after resting your head on Taylor's lap, you fall asleep and the next thing you know, you feel her gently shaking you awake. Taylor was telling you that you were both home now while helping you inside the house to get some rest so that you can feel better soon.

"Soon, you will get better."

She was right.

***
Requests are open!!!
Word count: 1167